ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ragarding Graduate Route visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kompally
Newly Registered
India

Ragarding Graduate Route visa

Post by Kompally » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:18 am

HI I am on student visa now my course is 16 months course As per the university the course should be completed by end of May 2022 but unfortunately my university has completed by Jan 2022 my visa is up-to September as per the course and recently completed my course and received a mail from university that I am eligible to apply for PSW/ Graduate Route visa. I have query and I am in confused state as my visa expires on September 2022 so should I wait till August for applying for PSW/ Graduate Route visa or I should apply now because I heard that we need to apply after getting Email with 8 weeks we should apply for Graduate Route Visa kindly please give me suggestion.awaiting for your reply
Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Ragarding Graduate Route visa

Post by sah10406 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:57 am

Kompally wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:18 am
I heard that we need to apply after getting Email with 8 weeks we should apply for Graduate Route Visa
Heard this where and from whom?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Kompally
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kompally » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:15 am

Hi sorry for delay in reply few of my friends said that and I am not sure about that please let me know what correct time to apply for graduate visa.
Can I apply end of August or should I apply now ?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:06 pm

Kompally wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:18 am
HI I am on student visa now my course is 16 months course As per the university the course should be completed by end of May 2022 but unfortunately my university has completed by Jan 2022 my visa is up-to September as per the course and recently completed my course and received a mail from university that I am eligible to apply for PSW/ Graduate Route visa.
So... you have completed your course before you were due, and your visa is still valid until September 2022? Why would that be unfortunate? Unless you are trying to explain something else I don't see why that is sad or inconvenient.
I have query and I am in confused state as my visa expires on September 2022 so should I wait till August for applying for PSW/ Graduate Route visa
As a rule of thumb you don't have to wait until a visa is expired to apply to extend or to switch. Quite the contrary. It is always best practice to apply to whatever you intent to switch to and for which you are eligible as soon as you are eligible.
or I should apply now because I heard that we need to apply after getting Email with 8 weeks we should apply for Graduate Route Visa
First, I'm not sure what you are trying to say here? You mean someone told you you have to wait 8 weeks before applying? Is that what you mean? It might be that the university delivers your degree certificate within 8 weeks, if so, well, obviously you can't complete your application before 8 weeks because you can't complete your application until you have all supporting documentation. That is different than saying that you need to wait 8 weeks for no reason, and obviously if that's a university-specific situation no one here can confirm that! But that's just me guessing what you actually mean.

Second, never just follow something you "heard". Always refer to the official guidance, which is here: https://www.gov.uk/graduate-visa
All info and all answers to your questions are there. You can apply as soon as you meet all eligibility criteria. Period. Eligibility criteria are right there, really, you can't miss them if you just look at the page:
Eligibility
You can apply for a Graduate visa if all of the following are true:
  • you’re in the UK
  • your current visa is a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • you studied a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course for a minimum period of time with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • your education provider (such as your university or college) has told the Home Office you’ve successfully completed your course
You can ask your education provider if you’re not sure whether they’ve told the Home Office you’ve successfully completed your course.
Knowing you even received confirmation from your university that you are eligible to apply I'm really not sure why you are confused.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.