ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry stamp missing from passport. Problem?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

petrichor8
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re-entry stamp missing from passport. Problem?

Post by petrichor8 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:11 am

Hello!

I'm getting ready to submit my Student Visa application. While filling out the Travel History section, I realized that my passport appears to be missing a stamp for some reason.

I'm from the U.S. originally, lived in Japan for a while, and then moved to New Zealand for a 1 year Working Holiday. While in New Zealand, I briefly returned to Japan twice.

I went to Japan from March 2019 to 19/04/2019, and then again (unexpectedly) from 24/04/2019 to 04/05/2019. I have a New Zealand Entry stamp in my passport for my first return (20/04/2019), but there's nothing there for the second return (04/05/2019). I list my time in New Zealand as June 2018 - June 2019 (the entirety of my Working Holiday), so I'm worried there might be some confusion due to the missing re-entry stamp. I have receipt emails about the flight, etc. Should I include a note about this in my visa application?

(Also, I selected "Other Reason" and wrote "Working Holiday visa" instead of "Work" for the answer to "What was the reason for your visit?" about New Zealand. Does that seem alright?)

Thank you very much for your help!

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Re-entry stamp missing from passport. Problem?

Post by lolo2 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:10 am

I had exactly the same situation when filling out the travel history for my student visa application. In fact, I realised that when checking my passport out to put the information in the form.

I simply filled it out with all the travels and the corresponding dates, reasons, etc.

I never was asked about why one re-entry stamp was missing, it didn't affect my application at all.

loram
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Re-entry stamp missing from passport. Problem?

Post by loram » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:33 pm

This won't be a problem for you! A lot of countries are no longer stamping passports and immigration is aware. I also applied for a visa with a brand new passport, so they had no proof of my previous travel other than what I listed on the application.