ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received email from Home Office after cancelling application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zcfbjkeqw
Newly Registered
United States of America

URGENT CANCELLING VISA APPLICATION

Post by zcfbjkeqw » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:00 am

Hi!! So I decided to cancel my tier 4 application because I realized I had made many mistakes on the application form. However I decided to cancel it after I went in and submitted my biometrics. I cancelled by requesting a refund because I assumed by requesting a refund it would automatically cancel your application. I alerted my sponsor and they also withdrew my CAS number. I'm just worried that because I cancelled after going to my biometrics appointment will my application be seen as a refusal or cancelled? (I completed the online portion of the application and went to biometrics but did not send the physical application to the consulate with my print out application and supporting documents (I'm making an application from the U.S.))

zcfbjkeqw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Received email from Home Office after cancelling application

Post by zcfbjkeqw » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:26 am

Hi (U.S. Citizen) I completed a tier 4 application, as in I did the online portion and paid for it and went to my biometrics appointment after I requested a refund on the website as I thought that would automatically cancel my application. A couple weeks later I received an email saying my application had been received and was being assessed even though I never sent in the physical application? Is this just an error in the system? Would I get a visa refusal?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Received email from Home Office after cancelling application

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:14 am

zcfbjkeqw wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:26 am
Would I get a visa refusal?
If the application turns out to be refused rather than withdrawn, what is your concern exactly?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

zcfbjkeqw
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by zcfbjkeqw » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:59 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:14 am
zcfbjkeqw wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:26 am
Would I get a visa refusal?
If the application turns out to be refused rather than withdrawn, what is your concern exactly?
I'm asking how would I know if I got a visa refusal? Again I never sent in the physical application to the home office with my passport? Just completed and paid for the online portion and did my biometrics. But I'm asking if I demanded a refund (i.e. cancelled) after doing this it's not possible for my visa to be refused since I never sent in the physical application.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:43 pm

zcfbjkeqw wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:59 pm
I'm asking how would I know if I got a visa refusal?
They would write to you and tell you, using the correspondence address on your application.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.