ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Report to Home Office about Separation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

questionguy65

Report to Home Office about Separation

Post by questionguy65 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:37 am

I am a Tier 4 student and my wife is my dependant. We are currently on a trial separation. She never told me that she wants a divorce. We are currently considering reconciliation. She said she needs time and space.

My question is this:

1. Does this need to be reported to Home Office considering it is a TRIAL separation and no file for divorce is send or anything. i.e. informal separation?

2. Whose responsibility is to report? (according to this https://www.gov.uk/visas-when-you-separate-or-divorce It its my wife responsibility right?)

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Report to Home Office about Separation

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:47 am

If you are working on reconciliation then no need to report as her visa will be curtailed.

It would be your responsibility as the main Tier 4 visa holder as you are her sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

questionguy65

Post by questionguy65 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:52 am

Thank you for your reply, but on the link I provided said the opposite. It says that the depandant should report. Could you clarify?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:04 pm

Usually the sponsoring partner notifies HO. Usually the person who is the dependent does not as they don't want to be forced to leave the UK when their visa is cancelled/curtailed.

It appears either can notify HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Either way, you have not separated or divorced, so as advised there is no action to take.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:58 pm

Dear the way you are thinking of separation and spouse getting visa on domestic violence is the most stupid act you guys are doing of your life. Once you sign a divorce and she gets visa on human rights then you cannot stay or remarry her in your religion. She will then remarry someone and then would take divorce from him and after three months/periods she can remarry you. So be careful. Don't ruin your life and hereafter just for a visa. I heard many people have got in this way but they will see the consequences. Thanks