ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SINGLE MOTHER STUDENT VISA WITH DEPENDENT CHILD

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BFeebs
Newly Registered
Pakistan

SINGLE MOTHER STUDENT VISA WITH DEPENDENT CHILD

Post by BFeebs » Tue May 03, 2022 5:48 pm

Hello Everyone! Thanks for this great platform.

I am a single mother and I am applying for a UK study post-graduation visa with my child. I have the following documents to prove that I am a solely responsible parent of my child; Court order, divorce certificate, and Family registration certificate including me and my daughter only. I want to take her with me as a dependent and she is 4 and a half years old.

I want to ask do I have to prove who will take care of my child while I study? for example her admission to any nursery or childcare center is necessary?
Also, I have my maternal uncle's family there, can I show his accommodation in the application to prove that we have our living arrangements already there?

P.S I have enough financial proof for both me and my daughter.

Thanks in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: SINGLE MOTHER STUDENT VISA WITH DEPENDENT CHILD

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 09, 2022 11:41 am

BFeebs wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 5:48 pm
I want to ask do I have to prove who will take care of my child while I study? for example her admission to any nursery or childcare center is necessary?
Yes. See Appendix Student, paragraph ST 35.1

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-student
BFeebs wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 5:48 pm
Also, I have my maternal uncle's family there, can I show his accommodation in the application to prove that we have our living arrangements already there?
There is no requirement to show or prove your living situation, so I am not sure where you are reading that this is relevant.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

BFeebs
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by BFeebs » Mon May 09, 2022 2:43 pm

Thanks for reply
Can I get her admission into any daycare from my home country?
Or can I attach emails only with proof that I am contacting several daycares etc for her ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue May 10, 2022 12:09 pm

BFeebs wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 2:43 pm
Can I get her admission into any daycare from my home country?
That's something to check with the university.
BFeebs wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 2:43 pm
Or can I attach emails only with proof that I am contacting several daycares etc for her ?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.