ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student dependent visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prasad91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Student dependent visa

Post by prasad91 » Mon May 02, 2022 8:02 am

Hi,

My spouse is a student in UK,
I have applied for a dependent visa recently with my 28 days bank statement to show the maintenance amount (In that statement there is a transaction from my wife's Indian account to my account, Without considering that transaction also I had the required money)

Then I got a mail from the visa office to submit my spouse's last 28 days bank statement of her account in India which she used while submitting her Visa application. But unfortunately her balance is very low in that account. She did transactions after reaching UK.

Does it affect the dependent visa or her current student visa ? (She is already in UK for last 4 months, Her tuition fee also fully paid)

We are very confused . Please help us on this.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Student dependent visa

Post by manci » Mon May 02, 2022 10:10 am

prasad91 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:02 am
Without considering that transaction also I had the required money)
Is your partner studying in or outside London, what visa length have you applied for and how much money have you held for 28 days according to the bank statement you submitted?
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

prasad91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by prasad91 » Mon May 02, 2022 10:40 am

manci wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:10 am
prasad91 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:02 am
Without considering that transaction also I had the required money)
Is your partner studying in or outside London, what visa length have you applied for and how much money have you held for 28 days according to the bank statement you submitted?
She is studying outside London. I have held £6120 (£680 a month - for up to 9 months) on my account for 28 days. And I think the initial visa length will be 3 months, within that period I need to collect BRP for the visa extension.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon May 02, 2022 3:36 pm

Unless it was a mistake and assuming that the bank statement you submitted was from an approved bank, was dated within 31 days of the application date and satisfied the financial requirements for a student dependant, I don't see why they should also have asked for your partner's bank statement.

prasad91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by prasad91 » Tue May 03, 2022 6:01 am

manci wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 3:36 pm
Unless it was a mistake and assuming that the bank statement you submitted was from an approved bank, was dated within 31 days of the application date and satisfied the financial requirements for a student dependant, I don't see why they should also have asked for your partner's bank statement.
Thank you very much for the update.

I assume that they asked for my partner's bank account because of the transaction from her account on my statement. Anyway we have to submit her bank statement now. But her balance is very low in that account.
Does it affect her current student visa ?
She is in UK for past 4 months for her masters. Is it mandatory to have balance on the maintenance account for the whole 9 months ?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue May 03, 2022 9:37 am

prasad91 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 6:01 am
To be granted entry clearance as a student your wife needed proof that she had sufficient funds to pay any outstanding course fees and £1023 for each month of the course (up to a maximum of 9 months). She provided that proof with her Indian bank account statement. There is no requirement to keep the balance on that account at any particular level after she got her visa.

When replying to the email you received and forwarding her current Indian bank account statement send also a cover letter pointing out that in your view you satisfied the student dependant financial requirement even without the transfer in question.

Please let the forum know the outcome.

prasad91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by prasad91 » Tue May 03, 2022 2:10 pm

manci wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:37 am
prasad91 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 6:01 am
To be granted entry clearance as a student your wife needed proof that she had sufficient funds to pay any outstanding course fees and £1023 for each month of the course (up to a maximum of 9 months). She provided that proof with her Indian bank account statement. There is no requirement to keep the balance on that account at any particular level after she got her visa.

When replying to the email you received and forwarding her current Indian bank account statement send also a cover letter pointing out that in your view you satisfied the student dependant financial requirement even without the transfer in question.

Please let the forum know the outcome.
Sure, I will update.
Also one last doubt, Is it good to deposit some money in her account before taking the statement ? I am asking this because her current account balance is very low.