ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student landing at Airport without Accommodation booked

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Usmnababar28
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Student landing at Airport without Accommodation booked

Post by Usmnababar28 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:32 pm

I'll be flying to UK on 13th of September, I've not booked the accommodation yet because I want to view the room before moving in. I'll be staying at my uncle's (UK National) home in London for couple of days then I'll move to Colchester where i'll find the accommodation & my uncle would help me finding the place.

What should I say to IO ? During Visa interview I said that I'll be staying at University's accommodation but unfortunately I couldn't find the place. My course start date is 4th of October. Kindly help

IncomingZone
Newly Registered
Qatar

Re: Student landing at Airport without Accommodation booked

Post by IncomingZone » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:11 am

You are lucky that they have granted you the visa application without the accommodation sorted out. Just tell them that you will be living with your Uncle who will help you find an appropriate accommodation for you whilst your there. Good luck.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student landing at Airport without Accommodation booked

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:04 am

Usmnababar28 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:32 pm
What should I say to IO ?
They are very highly unlikely to ask. If they do, just tell them your plans as you have explained them here.
IncomingZone wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:11 am
You are lucky that they have granted you the visa application without the accommodation sorted out.
Where are you getting this requirement from? It is nonsense.

To be clear, there is no requirement to have housing in place, either when applying for the visa or when arriving in the UK. The only housing-related requirement is that you have enough money to pay for your housing.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.