ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student's Route

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Otenec
Nigeria

Student's Route

Post by Otenec » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:53 am

Please Friends, a nephew of mine applied for Student's Route visa from home to come and study a Masters' Degree in the UK, unfortunately, another applicant's bank statement was swapped for his and he was refused on the ground of insufficient funds. The error is so raw because all the details they stated in the refusal letter do not match any of my nephew's, it is obvious that they refusal letter was for the person whose details they provided in the letter because the figure is even twice the amount that my nephew requires.
He applied for review as suggested on the letter, according to Home Office's review regulation, he should receive response within 28 days but I tell you, it is 96 days now and no response seems to be in sight and it is getting really late for him to be able to join this session. We even fear that they may just not reply on time for him to join this session. We have called and emailed, all we get is automated response.

We have approached the university to issue him another CAS so that he can cancel the Review and reapply, but the University remains adamant that they will do no such thing till the response is received, note that the refusal was not on General Grounds for Refusal which would have been seen to be based on fraud.

Please, what advice can anyone proffer for this young man who has become so depressed?
Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student's Route

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:06 am

He just needs to wait for the outcome of the Administrative Review. The university is quite right. If as you say it was a caseworker error, the refusal will be overturned.

Many students are enrolling late this year, due to visa processing delays or travel issues due to COVID-19, so it should be no problem for him to enrol late and/or start his studies by distance learning. The university can advise on this.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Otenec
Nigeria

Re: Student's Route

Post by Otenec » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:53 am

Alright, we wait then. Thanks very much.