ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa a second time

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PhysioInd
Newly Registered
India

Student visa a second time

Post by PhysioInd » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:29 am

Hi guys,
I was in the UK on a tier 4 visa from 2017-2019 for an MSc course. However, I did not complete a couple of modules and ended up with a Post-Graduate certificate. I now wish to apply for a MSc course for Sept 2021, will it cause any issue? I mean with me not completing the previous course for which I was assigned leave to remain

PhysioInd
Newly Registered
India

Re: Student visa a second time

Post by PhysioInd » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:02 am

Any help guys? :? :?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:09 pm

What is your current location and type of leave? Your previous posts show a bewildering array of different situations and plans, including Tier 2 dependant last October, and Health and Care visa applicant in July this year.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

PhysioInd
Newly Registered
India

Post by PhysioInd » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:12 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:09 pm
What is your current location and type of leave? Your previous posts show a bewildering array of different situations and plans, including Tier 2 dependant last October, and Health and Care visa applicant in July this year.
Hi Sah,
Thanks for your reply.
Am sorry my previous posts have been a bit confusing.
I currently in my home country India. Wishing to apply for another Student visa next September.
My unmarried partner is in the UK on a Tier 2 visa (hence the question related to tier 2 dependant).
My major query is if I can come back to the UK on a student visa even if I did not complete my previous course and ended up with a PG Certificate than a MSc.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:42 am

PhysioInd wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:12 pm
My major query is if I can come back to the UK on a student visa even if I did not complete my previous course and ended up with a PG Certificate than a MSc.
The first step is to secure an offer of a place on a course. A lot of the decision-making about whether you can get the visa is in effect delegated to universities, because they need to evaluate your academic suitability for the course, English proficiency and your genuineness before issuing the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.