ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Heyyaooh
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Student visa application

Post by Heyyaooh » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:47 pm

Hi there,

Back in 2009 I got a student visa refusal from Home Office due to the reason of me lacking of fund to continue studying. Therefore after the first appeal I decided to not go ahead and leave UK back to Malaysia. In 2015 I visited UK and I have no issue coming in at the airport and they granted me visiting visa.

Earlier this year I have been offered a place to study MA degree and my CAS has now been issued for this Sptember 19 intake. My question is should I disclose the visa refusal previously in my visa application. I do have enough evidence requested this time around to show 28 days money in my account financially to study and live in London this year. Will there be any problem arise in my application this time around.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student visa application

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:55 pm

Heyyaooh wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:47 pm
My question is should I disclose the visa refusal previously in my visa application. I do have enough evidence requested this time around to show 28 days money in my account financially to study and live in London this year.
The application form asks about any previous refusals of entry clearance or leave to remain. If you mean you are considering lying about this, it is a very bad idea.
Heyyaooh wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:47 pm
Will there be any problem arise in my application this time around.
If you give false information about previous refusals, yes there could for sure be a problem.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Heyyaooh
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Heyyaooh » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:11 am

Hi thank you for the reply and the clarification and no I do not wish to lie to them regarding my past history. I will provide them with all the information requested. I guess if I have all requested documents to support my application there will no issue to obtain my visa right?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:05 am

Heyyaooh wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:11 am
I guess if I have all requested documents to support my application there will no issue to obtain my visa right?
You need to meet all the Tier 4 requirements and not fall foul of any of the General Grounds for Refusing.

You seem quite anxious that there may be unexpected or secret requirements that might cause a problem for your application. You might benefit from advice from the international student adviser at your university who can allay these fears.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.