ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa application within UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkuttan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Student visa application within UK

Post by mkuttan » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:18 am

Hi,
wI am currently in the UK on Tier2 ICT visa with my daugther (Tier 2 ICT Dependent). She has finished her A levels in the UK and has now secured an unconditional offer with a University here in the UK for a 4 year course. I have these questions regarding her Tier-4 Student visa application, please
(1) Can my daughter apply for Tier-4 visa from within the UK? Normally this is not possible but I understand that due the COVID-19 situation home office has made it possible to apply from within the UK.
(2) If she can apply from within the UK, is there a cut-off date? University says they will issue CAS by first week of September, so wondering if this will be within the cut-off date

Thanks and waiting to hear from you.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student visa application within UK

Post by sah10406 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:41 pm

mkuttan wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:18 am
(1) Can my daughter apply for Tier-4 visa from within the UK? Normally this is not possible but I understand that due the COVID-19 situation home office has made it possible to apply from within the UK.
It depends. If her current leave expires on or before 31 August, yes she can apply. If it expires later on or after 1 September 2020, she can apply if she can show that is urgent that she needs to do so now. Depending on how much extant leave she has, it may or may not be urgent that she applies now under this provision. For example if she has leave until next March or April, it does not appear to be urgent that she applies now. The university is best placed to advise her on this.
mkuttan wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:18 am
(2) If she can apply from within the UK, is there a cut-off date? University says they will issue CAS by first week of September, so wondering if this will be within the cut-off date
If she is applying under the "urgent" concession, the guidance just says "This is being kept under review."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.