ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Extension due to Uni extending Teaching Experience Placement.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saayinla

Student Visa Extension due to Uni extending Teaching Experience Placement.

Post by saayinla » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:40 pm

Hi All,

A family member is here studying to attain QTS status, the course was suppose to end July 2021 but due to covid situation, the teaching experience placement has extended due to the University not being able to find him a placement on time so he needs another 10 weeks placement when school resumes in September.

My Question is, since the reason for the extension is not as a result of him failing a course as a result of his own doing, should he be responsible for paying for a visa extension/apply for another course? I would assume the University (LSBU)should be able to arrange for an automatic extension seeing as the decision to extend the course end date was taken by the school.

Please kindly advise as the International student office has already told him to fill a form for CAS application, but I am of the opinion he shouldnt be liable for paying for a new visa and health surcharge from his own pocket.

Thanks in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student Visa Extension due to Uni extending Teaching Experience Placement.

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:33 am

saayinla wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:40 pm
Please kindly advise as the International student office has already told him to fill a form for CAS application, but I am of the opinion he shouldnt be liable for paying for a new visa and health surcharge from his own pocket.
Not sure who you think would pay for it, if not the applicant. If he needs to extend his visa, he needs to apply in the normal way.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:29 pm

I was just here to post an update and it turns out I was right all along. The Faculty has now reached out to him confirming that the Dfe will cover the cost of visa extension until December and if you noticed my initial post my argument was based on the fact the disruption was not the student's own doing so why should he be out of pocket for what is not his fault i.e failing a course etc. Dont forget there has been diff concession all over for various people in respect of the covid situation, i.e visitors allowed to over stay, automatic 1 year extension for foreign workers, health surcharge waiver etc.

Quote from the school below:
..Some students are unable to complete the school placement which is a considerable part of the course, the Dfe are aware that some students will need course extensions and are funding these until the end of December 2021"

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:24 am

saayinla wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:29 pm
I was just here to post an update and it turns out I was right all along.
The answer from LSBU is a little vague and seems to be about an extension of the course, with DfE covering the tuition fees. I would double check with them what this means for those students who also need a Student visa extension.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:00 pm

Thanks for the info. Will need to check that out as rightly pointed out .