ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa for Phd at 34 years of age

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rakt
Newly Registered

Student Visa for Phd at 34 years of age

Post by rakt » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:17 am

Hi all,

I have a master's degree in business administration from one of the universities in the United Kingdom with 61 percent marks and distinction in dissertation (2010). I went to the UK in 2007 on work permit and came back to India in September 2012.

I was refused work permit for Canada in 2013 and study permit in 2014 and 2015. I left my job in April 2017. I am self employed at the moment.

Now I want to go back to the UK to pursue a Phd. I am 34 years of age.

Please advise on the following?

1) What are my chances of getting the visa with all those rejections, my age and a gap year.
2) Should I try for a Phd in Canada instead or some other country in Europe?

Many thanks in advance.

vinny

Re: Student Visa for Phd at 34 years of age

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:34 am

rakt wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:17 am
2) Should I try for a Phd in Canada instead or some other country in Europe?
Studying in Europe may be more welcoming than studying in the UK, as the UK Government has a misguided hostile environment.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:57 am

rakt wrote:
1) What are my chances of getting the visa with all those rejections,
It depends what were the reasons for the refusals, for example if you were judged to have used deception. You can check that you do not fall foul of the General Grounds for Refusing. For details and links to the Home Office guidance on the general grounds, see https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3004
rakt wrote:
my age and a gap year.
If either of these raise any doubts about your credibility, you will have an opportunity in the interview to explain your plans.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

rakt
Newly Registered

Post by rakt » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:04 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:57 am
rakt wrote:
1) What are my chances of getting the visa with all those rejections,
It depends what were the reasons for the refusals, for example if you were judged to have used deception. You can check that you do not fall foul of the General Grounds for Refusing. For details and links to the Home Office guidance on the general grounds, see https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3004
rakt wrote:
my age and a gap year.
If either of these raise any doubts about your credibility, you will have an opportunity in the interview to explain your plans.
Thank you very much for your reply.
The reason for study permit refusal for Canada:
The Visa officer was of the view that I was coming to Canada to work not to study as I made the mistake of listening to my agent and applying for a diploma even after having an MBA and I had a gap of 5 years in my studies.
Is it deception? I have never used any fraudulent documents.
Now I have a gap almost 8 years.
Please advise.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:12 pm

rakt wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:04 pm
The Visa officer was of the view that I was coming to Canada to work not to study as I made the mistake of listening to my agent and applying for a diploma even after having an MBA and I had a gap of 5 years in my studies.
Is it deception? I have never used any fraudulent documents.
Now I have a gap almost 8 years.
Please advise.
For one-to-one advice about your application and especially about credibility, I advise you contact your Tier 4 sponsor. They are as invested as you are in your application being successful.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

rakt
Newly Registered

Post by rakt » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Thank you for your help :)

rakt
Newly Registered

Post by rakt » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Thank you Sir