ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa length error and Extend Visa for resubmitting dissertation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

looper1995
Newly Registered
Mood:
Vietnam

Student Visa length error and Extend Visa for resubmitting dissertation

Post by looper1995 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:40 am

I am a MSc student, I submitted my dissertation and now waiting for the result.
I just notice that my Visa expires before the result's released date ( it is a bout 2 weeks late)
Is there any way to work with this?

I also want to ask, in the case that my dissertation needs to be resubmitted, will I be able to extend my Visa until the submission and receive my final result?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student Visa length error and Extend Visa for resubmitting dissertation

Post by sah10406 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:20 am

looper1995 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:40 am
I am a MSc student, I submitted my dissertation and now waiting for the result.
I just notice that my Visa expires before the result's released date ( it is a bout 2 weeks late)
Is there any way to work with this?
If the end date was wrong all along, it could have been corrected when you first got the visa, but not now. It is one of the things that Students and their universities should check when the visa is issued, and at enrolment.

If the end date was correct, but your submission date was postponed and ate into your 4-month wrap-up time, you could have asked the university to sponsor you for an extension until the new submission date + 4 months, but again it is too late for that now.
looper1995 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:40 am
I also want to ask, in the case that my dissertation needs to be resubmitted, will I be able to extend my Visa until the submission and receive my final result?
Given that you will only know that after your Student visa has already expired, no. I expect the university would arrange for you to resubmit from home.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.