ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa question

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

benca
Newly Registered

Student Visa question

Post by benca » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:26 am

Hi everyone hope someone can help me with my question.

I received an unconditional offer to study at a university in the UK, and I have a question about my financial requirement and the proof or evidence that I need to provide for student visa processing. Do I still need to show my own money for the accommodation/maintenance/living cost under my own name or my own bank account if a relative in the UK is providing free accommodation and living cost? Or would a letter from this relative (sibling) in the UK confirming they will provide free accommodation/living cost be enough as a financial requirements evidence alongside their bank statement?

Thank you in advance for your help.

benca
Newly Registered

Re: Student Visa question

Post by benca » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:54 am

Hello, hope someone can advise on my questions here.

I read that you need to show £1,023 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses outside London, so at least a total of £9,207 for maintenance/accommodation/living cost. In addition to the tuition fee, do I still need to show my own money for this accommodation/maintenance/living cost under my own name or my own bank account if a relative in the UK is providing free accommodation and living cost? Or would a letter from this relative (sibling) in the UK confirming they will provide free accommodation/living cost be enough as a financial requirements evidence alongside their bank statement? Thank you, Benca.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:40 am

benca wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:26 am
Do I still need to show my own money for the accommodation/maintenance/living cost under my own name or my own bank account if a relative in the UK is providing free accommodation and living cost?
Yes.

Your university has an international student adviser whose job is to support the university's students with their Student visa applications. If you have further questions, they will be able to advise.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

benca
Newly Registered

Post by benca » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:11 am

Thank you a lot, sah10406, for your response.

How about the following question? Can anyone help please with this?

I have a relative (sibling) who is going to provide free accommodation/living cost/maintenance in the UK. Instead of showing money for this in my own name, would a letter from this relative in the UK confirming they will provide free accommodation/living cost be enough as a financial requirements evidence alongside providing their bank statement?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:19 am

benca wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:11 am
I have a relative (sibling) who is going to provide free accommodation/living cost/maintenance in the UK. Instead of showing money for this in my own name, would a letter from this relative in the UK confirming they will provide free accommodation/living cost be enough as a financial requirements evidence alongside providing their bank statement?
No! That's the same question you asked in your first post.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

benca
Newly Registered

Post by benca » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:41 am

Thanks sah10406!

Can any of our seasoned moderators provide their insights please/opinion please? I would appreciate if there's any reference to any immigration rule. Thank you in advance for your inputs.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:48 am

benca wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:41 am
Can any of our seasoned moderators provide their insights please/opinion please? I would appreciate if there's any reference to any immigration rule.
I am happy to. See Appendix Student paragraph ST 12.3 for the standard maintenance requirement, and paragraph ST 12.4 for the only deduction that can be made from that amount. It is for accommodation fees paid direct to the Student sponsor. No other deductions are permitted.

benca
Newly Registered

Post by benca » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:51 am

That's cool, thank you sah10406! I will have a look.