ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa sponsored by father

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rachit_upreti
Newly Registered
India

Student visa sponsored by father

Post by rachit_upreti » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:37 am

Hi.

I have applied for a Student Visa to UK.

I from India, and a part of the financial requirement is being sponsored by my father.

He has provided me a sponsorship letter, plus, I have my birth certificate as a proof of relation to my father.

The problem is that my mother's name isn't on the Birth Certificate. Will this be an issue?

The bank statement I am providing as supporting evidence for my application are on my Father's name alone. I am not using any of the funds that are on my mother's name.

Thanks in advance for your answers and assistance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student visa sponsored by father

Post by sah10406 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:49 am

rachit_upreti wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:37 am
The problem is that my mother's name isn't on the Birth Certificate. Will this be an issue?
The requirements of using a money held in a parent's name in is Appendix Finance, paragraphs FIN 5.1 and FIN 5.3:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-finance

FIN 5.1. Accounts relied on must be in the name of the applicant (either alone or as a joint account holder), unless [...]:
(b) the applicant is applying as a [...] Student [...] and the account is in the name of their parent[...]

FIN 5.3. If the applicant is applying as a Student [...] and they are relying on funds held in an account in the name of a parent [...]. they must provide proof of that relationship and written consent from the parent [...] to use those funds.

There is no separate requirement that you need to evidence the relationship with the other parent who is not funding your studies. That would not be reasonable.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

rachit_upreti
Newly Registered
India

Re: Student visa sponsored by father

Post by rachit_upreti » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:49 am

sah10406 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:49 am
rachit_upreti wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:37 am
The requirements of using a money held in a parent's name in is Appendix Finance, paragraphs FIN 5.1 and FIN 5.3:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-finance

FIN 5.1. Accounts relied on must be in the name of the applicant (either alone or as a joint account holder), unless [...]:
(b) the applicant is applying as a [...] Student [...] and the account is in the name of their parent[...]

FIN 5.3. If the applicant is applying as a Student [...] and they are relying on funds held in an account in the name of a parent [...]. they must provide proof of that relationship and written consent from the parent [...] to use those funds.

There is no separate requirement that you need to evidence the relationship with the other parent who is not funding your studies. That would not be reasonable.
Thanks for your reply. Your statement is exactly what I can discern from the offical site.