ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

suggestions

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fadeville
Newly Registered
Nigeria

suggestions

Post by Fadeville » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:35 am

Hi guys,
I need your advice on how to solve this predicament.
I am from Nigeria and just gained admission to do my Masters in Human Rights in the U.k for January 2022 session. I am married with two young kids (ages 3 and the second is just 2months old).
My husband who is a changed man and loving father has done time for trafficking drugs. He was convicted in June 2009 and was released April 2012.
I think after 10years of deportation, his record should be expunged so he should be able to re apply with Legal representation. And the 10 years should end by April 2022.
We would like to get a legal advice before applying for the student Visa because we don’t want denial of Visas. We have been contemplating if I should apply alone before my husband and kids apply after me.

I seriously need an advice on how to go about this because I really don’t want to lose this admission based on my husband’s sins and at the same time it will make sense if he goes along with us to support me financially in England.
Kindly advice and Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: suggestions

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:48 am

As you say, you definitely need professional immigration advice on this.

Applying without your husband, and applying with him, will both bring separate issues that are best discussed with a professional before deciding what to do.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.