ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rimba
Newly Registered
India

switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 student visa

Post by Rimba » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi Friends, I am currently working in UK and have plans to study in UK.

Suppose my course start date is 20th September and as we cannot apply for student visa before 3 months of course start date, I have to apply for switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 on/after 20th July.

Now, suppose if I am granted the tier 4 visa by 30th July. Will my Tier 2 leave will terminate immediately? or I can work on Tier 2 VISA till the time Tier 4 visa leave date starts.

Here I assume that any visa is granted from specific start date. so if my course start date is 20th September then Tier 4 should have nearby start date. Though I am granted Tier 4 which will have future date, will I be able to work on Tier 2 ICT for my employer till the date when Tier 4 leave starts?

Request you to guide me with this.
Any input will be valuable for me

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 student visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Your tier 2 ICT visa will be cancelled when your tier 4 is granted. You therefore cannot work for your tier 2 sponsor if ICT is cancelled.

As you can apply for tier 4 within the UK and use super priority, I suggest you plan accordingly. Not sure why you believe you MUST apply exactly 3 months before course start date?? It is WITHIN 3 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rimba
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rimba » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:10 pm

thanks for your answer. It really helps.

similar help I found on University website.

:D For a Tier 4 visa application made within the UK: it will be valid from the date a decision is made on your visa application. :D

reference for people reading the post in future

https://warwick.ac.uk/study/internation ... r4/length/

Rimba
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rimba » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:25 pm

One another doubt:

Can I do any job (or continue to work with my current employer? Because the course has not started, can I consider this as vacation and work full time to utilize my time?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:00 pm

Rimba wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:25 pm
One another doubt:

Can I do any job (or continue to work with my current employer? Because the course has not started, can I consider this as vacation and work full time to utilize my time?
No, you cannot work in any capacity on a tier 4 before your course starts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:10 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:00 pm
No, you cannot work in any capacity on a tier 4 before your course starts.
In theory you can, but it's not in any guidance now. Also, the employer needs to be satisfied that you are enrolled and following the course, which seems to be not technically possible before the start date!

UKCISA now says (12 August 2019):
"The Home Office policy team has told us that "vacation" includes the period before your course starts as well as the period after you have finished your course, but this is not yet confirmed in any guidance, so employers may not allow you to work during that period."

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-6644
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Rimba
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rimba » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi friends,

Thank you so much for the information.

Do I need to inform my employer before applying for tier 4 visa?

Because as soon as I get tier 4 visa I will lose right to work suddenly. Do I need to give them 60 days notice before applying?

Any suggestions on it?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:23 pm

Rimba wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:09 pm
Do I need to inform my employer before applying for tier 4 visa?

Because as soon as I get tier 4 visa I will lose right to work suddenly. Do I need to give them 60 days notice before applying?
This is not an immigration matter, it just depends what notice period you have in your contract.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.