ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from ICT tier2 dependent to Tier4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ppt20
Newly Registered

Switching from ICT tier2 dependent to Tier4

Post by Ppt20 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:06 am

Hi,
I am on ICT tier2 dependent visa which is valid for another 2 years. I have received an University offer for Master's degree course starting in Sept 20 and want to switch my visa to Tier4. My questions are :
1. Considering current situation, travelling to home country and getting the visa before September is difficult. So can I apply for switching the visa within UK?
As per latest Covid policy on UK immigration site, it is mentioned that long term visas can be switched within UK until 31st July but there is no mention of switching ICT tier2 dependent to Tier4 visa.
2. If my husband has to move back to home country due to off shoring of his work, can I apply for switching my 11 year old daughter's visa to tier4 dependent so that she can stay and study here with me (even if my husband has to go back to home country) ?
Thanks in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Switching from ICT tier2 dependent to Tier4

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:16 am

Ppt20 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:06 am
1. Considering current situation, travelling to home country and getting the visa before September is difficult. So can I apply for switching the visa within UK?
No. There is a concession in place but only for people whose leave expires on or before 31 July 2020.
Ppt20 wrote:
As per latest Covid policy on UK immigration site, it is mentioned that long term visas can be switched within UK until 31st July but there is no mention of switching ICT tier2 dependent to Tier4 visa.
There is no mention of any specific switches, because there are too many permutations, but again it is only for people whose leave expires on or before 31 July anyway, so you would not be able to apply under this concession.
Ppt20 wrote:
2. If my husband has to move back to home country due to off shoring of his work, can I apply for switching my 11 year old daughter's visa to tier4 dependent so that she can stay and study here with me (even if my husband has to go back to home country) ?
No, because you cannot switch to Tier 4 yourself, so she cannot switch to Tier 4 dependant.

See also the same question asked yesterday:

uk-tier-4-student-visas/tier-2-ict-depe ... 01379.html
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Ppt20
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from ICT tier2 dependent to Tier4

Post by Ppt20 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:44 am

Thank you for your prompt reply. 👍