ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Student visa to Tier2 half way through 2nd MSc(1st MSc completed in UK)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ravi500
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Student visa to Tier2 half way through 2nd MSc(1st MSc completed in UK)

Post by Ravi500 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:52 am

Hello experts,

I completed my MSc in March 2021 and currently doing 2nd MSc. I have been offered a job and the company is happy to sponsor my Tier2 visa. I am a bit confused here as the rules say I can only apply for Tier2 visa before a few months of graduation.

Do I have to complete my 2nd Msc to be eligible to apply for Tier 2 visa or since I have a MSc degree in UK already can I just go ahead and apply?
I want to take up the job full time if allowed. Please advice.

Thanks
Ravi

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Switching from Student visa to Tier2 half way through 2nd MSc(1st MSc completed in UK)

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:09 am

Ravi500 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:52 am
the rules say I can only apply for Tier2 visa before a few months of graduation.
Where are you reading this?

In Appendix Skilled Worker the only reference to this requirement is where you are relying on tradable points for being a "new entrant" under option E (see paragraph SW 4.2 and SW 12.1 to 12.7), specifically the option in para SW 12.1(f). This doesn't seem to apply to you.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.