ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from T2 General to T4 after a license revoke!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dee20
Newly Registered

Switching from T2 General to T4 after a license revoke!

Post by Dee20 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:10 am

Hi All,

Was a silent reader of the forum for a long time. I've gotten kind of a stressful situation now. If someone can help with this, that would be great.

In short, I was sponsored by a company with T2 General. My company lost its license (Revoked) on last December(2017).

Still, I didn't receive a curtailment letter and my visa is running out on this August (2018).

I was trying other sponsors after the revoke, but couldn't find any.

I am almost 7 years in the UK. And my wife (Dependent) is here with me too.

Now I am looking to switch to another Tier 4 visa (MSc) looking to grab a year or so as I am trying my best to stay here without wasting those 7 years.

1. What is the possibility of moving to Tier 4 in this situation?

2. Will I be able to switch within the UK?

3. As I haven't still received the curtailment letter, will HO approve an application? Or will they reject it realising that I am dragging this to get 10 years somehow?

4. One last thing, I've got a level 7 degree (MBA) now. Can I go for another level 7 (MSc) or do I have to go for a PHD if this is possible?

If someone with the same experience can share their thoughts, that would be great too.

Thank you!