ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tire 1 (general) visa to student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

My Tier1
Newly Registered

Switching from Tire 1 (general) visa to student visa

Post by My Tier1 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:29 pm

Hello all,
currently I am on tire 1 (general) dependent visa and would like to do a course in Coventry university. I am currently living in UK
My tire 1 visa expires in September 2012.
Can I apply for Student Visa (or say switch over from Tire 1 to student visa) while I am in UK. Or I can change my visa only from my country of origin?

Please enlighten me!

jamiluddin

hello

Post by jamiluddin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:44 pm

you will have to go back home and apply there only ,you are not allowed to switch to student visa in UK

saljav

Re: hello

Post by saljav » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:29 pm

jamiluddin wrote:you will have to go back home and apply there only ,you are not allowed to switch to student visa in UK
Are you sure about this as one of my friends switched from Post study working visa to Student. ?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: hello

Post by Greenie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:03 pm

saljav wrote:
jamiluddin wrote:you will have to go back home and apply there only ,you are not allowed to switch to student visa in UK
Are you sure about this as one of my friends switched from Post study working visa to Student. ?
you are here as a tier 1 dependent, not as a PSW migrant/tier 1 general migrant in your own right. therefore you cannot switch and need to apply for entry clearance.