ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching to care home visa and dissertation submission

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jaango123
Newly Registered
India

switching to care home visa and dissertation submission

Post by jaango123 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:33 pm

Hi All,

My friend is about to change from student visa to Care home visa. He submitted his dissertation and paid all his fees.

After he takes the care home visa can he switch to Graduate route psw provided he passes his studies? He would need this to work for a job other than care home category..
He needs to be sure about this before opting and going ahead with care home visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: switching to care home visa and dissertation submission

Post by CR001 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:40 pm

After he takes the care home visa can he switch to Graduate route psw provided he passes his studies?
No he cannot. To apply for the graduate visa, the most recent visa must be a student visa. This is very clearly stated on ukvi website

https://www.gov.uk/graduate-visa
Eligibility
You can apply for a Graduate visa if all of the following are true:

you’re in the UK
your current visa is a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
you studied a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course for a minimum period of time with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
your education provider (such as your university or college) has told the Home Office you’ve successfully completed your course
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.