ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching university for a better course

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunoo

Switching university for a better course

Post by sunoo » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:04 pm

Dear all,

My sister came to UK last month as an international student to complete MBA from Brunel university. She is currently under taking pre masters course at Brunel however, after speaking to one of our cousins who is currently student Buckinghamshire university, she has decided to switch to the course in Buckinghamshire university.

I wanted to ask you that what is the process to enroll in Bucks university and secondly if it there would be any effects on her current leave to remain as she have been issued a BRP which is valid until July 2023.

Many thanks in advance.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Switching university for a better course

Post by lolo2 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:29 pm

Universities have specific provisions for cases like this.

She needs to contact the international student advisers at the current university and the new one for advice on how to proceed. They also will be able to inform her about implications on the current visa, which is tied to specific details of the course(s).

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Switching university for a better course

Post by sah10406 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:16 pm

sunoo wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:04 pm
I wanted to ask you that what is the process to enroll in Bucks university and secondly if it there would be any effects on her current leave to remain as she have been issued a BRP which is valid until July 2023.
Bucks will only allow her to enrol if she has a visa they have sponsored. So she will need to request a CAS from them and apply for a new Student visa, which she can only do in her home country. Depending on how long this would take, it may in itself mean that she would need to defer her studies until the next intake, which may be autumn 2022.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.