ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TB Test for Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sanaiseb
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

TB Test for Tier 4

Post by sanaiseb » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:11 pm

Hi

Please can someone advice , I have been living in UAE country where TB test is exempted, however I have received an email from Homeoffice to submit TB test certificate. My nationality is from non TB exempt country. Since there is no approve TB center in the country I have done TB test from approve medical provider in country.
Can someone with similar situation share there views as I am getting too stressed if they will not consider my application for exemption. I have provided the visa officer with covering letter explaining the same.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: TB Test for Tier 4

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:46 am

How long have you stayed in UAE or when was the last time you left UAE to go to your homeland or another TB non exempt country?

sanaiseb
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by sanaiseb » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:43 am

I have stayed in UAE as of today 6month. I am really struggling , I have written cover letter to Home office explaining I cant leave the country as due to my work commitment and have child to do test from neighbouring country.
I have submitted test from approved medical provider in Dubai approved by Gov.co.uk.
I am not sure if they will consider. If it needs to be from approved center then I need time to travel t neighbouring country.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:07 am

If you had clocked 6months already in UAE by application date then the requirements for TB test certificate would not apply to you.
You were aware of the requirements before applying and I do not think a concession will be appropriate to your circumstances ala your job commitment and childcare arrangement. Discretion on CW to exercise.