ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT dependant to Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Igi
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT dependant to Tier 4

Post by Igi » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:21 am

Hello,
I need some advices how to manage the situation in easiest way.
I am on Tier 2 ICT of 5 years, which expires in March 2020, I am together with my wife and 3 kids as dependent tier 2 ICT visa. 2 kids are in secondary school and 1 in primary school.
I will have to move to another country in March 2020 as I will not be able to remain longer but I would like that my kids remain and finish the chool year until end of July 2020.
1) what Visa type is recommended to apply for the kids for 4 months period, just to finish school year?
2) is there any Visa type that my wife, so that she could apply to remain in UK, to support kids only during this 4 months?
3) can she work with the proposed Visa type during those 4 months or not?
Many thanks, Igor

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 ICT dependant to Tier 4

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:37 pm

Igi wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:21 am
1) what Visa type is recommended to apply for the kids for 4 months period, just to finish school year?
Tier 4 (or Tier 4 child, depending on age) but only if they are attending an independent fee-paying school and the school is a Tier 4 sponsor. They could only apply in their home country, not in the UK.

There is no type of visa for them to stay in (or come back to) the UK and attend a state school. Their eligibility to attend a state school depends on you being in the UK under Tier 2.
Igi wrote:
2) is there any Visa type that my wife, so that she could apply to remain in UK, to support kids only during this 4 months?
If one of the children is eligible for a Tier 4 Child visa, see https://www.gov.uk/parent-of-a-child-at-school-visa. Otherwise, no.
Igi wrote:
3) can she work with the proposed Visa type during those 4 months or not?
No. See the link above, section "What you can and cannot do".
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Igi
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ICT dependant to Tier 4

Post by Igi » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:48 am

Thanks for the clear inputs