ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 ICT Long Term Staff Partner to Tier-4 General

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

planetmoons18
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier-2 ICT Long Term Staff Partner to Tier-4 General

Post by planetmoons18 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:29 pm

After going through lot of questions still not clear on switching from Tier-2 ICT Long term Staff Partner to Tier-4 Visa.
Q1) University says if you are currently in UK with visa valid up till course completion you can study on current visa, if you need to switch at later stage you can do it before 3 months of my current visa expiry. Does this imply i can apply for switch in country ?
Q2) UK website doesn't talk anything separately about Tier-2 ICT Staff migrant/partner, should i understand both are considered same category of visa ?

Switch to this visa
You may be able to change (switch) to a Tier 4 (General) student visa if you’re in the UK under any of the following visas or schemes:

Tier 2 (General)
Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer)
Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
Tier 4 (Child)

Clarification and advises please.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier-2 ICT Long Term Staff Partner to Tier-4 General

Post by sah10406 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:35 pm

planetmoons18 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:29 pm
Q1) University says if you are currently in UK with visa valid up till course completion you can study on current visa, if you need to switch at later stage you can do it before 3 months of my current visa expiry. Does this imply i can apply for switch in country ?
No.
planetmoons18 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:29 pm
Q2) UK website doesn't talk anything separately about Tier-2 ICT Staff migrant/partner, should i understand both are considered same category of visa ?

Switch to this visa
You may be able to change (switch) to a Tier 4 (General) student visa if you’re in the UK under any of the following visas or schemes:

Tier 2 (General)
Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer)
Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.