ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 Dependent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajkbasu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 Dependent

Post by rajkbasu » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:53 am

Hi,

I am currently in UK in Tier 2 ICT VISA and my wife is also in UK with Tier 2 dependent VISA.

My wife wants to do higher studies in UK. Can she apply for switch from Tier 2 dependent to Tier 4 student visa within UK ?
I just checked in web that she needs to apply from our home country for that. Please confirm.

Furthermore, if my wife gets student visa for Post graduate course (Which allows me to be her dependent) then can I switch from Tier 2 ICT main applicant to Tier 4 Student visa dependent within UK ? Or do I need to go back to India do this switch ? Please confirm.

I will be really grateful, if someone can answer my queries above.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 Dependent

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:09 pm

My wife wants to do higher studies in UK. Can she apply for switch from Tier 2 dependent to Tier 4 student visa within UK ?
I just checked in web that she needs to apply from our home country for that. Please confirm.
Yes, she has to apply from home country.
Furthermore, if my wife gets student visa for Post graduate course (Which allows me to be her dependent) then can I switch from Tier 2 ICT main applicant to Tier 4 Student visa dependent within UK ? Or do I need to go back to India do this switch ? Please confirm.
You can switch within the UK provided her course etc is one that allows dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.