ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 General Student Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sidagrawal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 General Student Visa

Post by sidagrawal » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:13 pm

Hey,

I am on a Tier 2 ICT valid until Dec 2021 and my company is willing to retain me until that time as well.
However, due to my personal aspirations of pursuing a master's degree in machine learning, I have applied for the same in a few universities and even acquired an unconditional offer in a course that I have accepted by paying my deposit. The course starts on 21st Sep 2020.

In an attempt to save money for the course fees, I want to utilise the maximum out of my job until I resign and start my course in Sep 2020. Im currently in a dilemma about when should I resign and serve my one month notice period and hence I have the following questions:

Scenario:
If I resign my company on 1st Aug 2020 and serve my notice period until 1st Sep 2020; and I apply for a Tier 4 General Student visa by 15th Aug 2020, I will only receive my Tier 4 visa by 7th Sep 2020 (assumption of 3 weeks). However, on 1st Sep 2020, my Tier 2 ICT will end as I will no longer be an employee.

Questions:
1. Can I stay in the UK for this additional week until I get my student visa?
2. Once I have my student visa on 7th Sep 2020, can I stay without being an employee or a student until 21st Sep 2020?
3. My spouse is currently on a Tier 2 ICT staff dependent, can she also stay with me during all above dates as a Tier 4 General Student dependent?
4. My spouse currently works in a company on Tier 2 ICT staff dependent visa, can she still continue to work there as a Tier 4 General Student dependent?
5. If I were to get my Tier 4 student visa before I notify my current employer, can I continue to work as a Tier 2 ICT staff until my course starts?

Please help me out!

Sid

sidagrawal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 General Student Visa

Post by sidagrawal » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:24 pm

:roll: Can someone help me out please?