ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependant and domestic violence

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

usualquestions
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Tier 4 dependant and domestic violence

Post by usualquestions » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:08 am

Good day, I am tier 4 student and my partner(marriage in ukraine) reported a domestic violence. I am under bail condition and does not know her adress or phone number. I send information about ending of my relationship to home office.
my questions are. Could she be departed before judge process will end?
Usually how fast Home office reacts? and are they able to find her if I did not provide her actual adress and her ukvi reference?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 dependant and domestic violence

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:21 am

usualquestions wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:08 am
I send information about ending of my relationship to home office.
my questions are. Could she be departed before judge process will end?
She won't be deported as such, but her visa will be curtailed and she will need to leave the UK. If she has already made a leave to remain application of some kind, her visa will not be curtailed.
usualquestions wrote:
Usually how fast Home office reacts?
Your Tier 4 sponsor probably has a better idea of the current times to action a curtailment.
usualquestions wrote:
and are they able to find her if I did not provide her actual adress and her ukvi reference?
Probably not, but they can serve the curtailment notice to file, and her visa could still be curtailed.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

usualquestions
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by usualquestions » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:33 am

is she able to make indefinite leave to remain application from tier 4 dependant? (she is not able to make an application to tier 2, because she have no qualification)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:35 am

usualquestions wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:33 am
is she able to make indefinite leave to remain application from tier 4 dependant? (she is not able to make an application to tier 2, because she have no qualification)
No, she cannot as far as I understand. The Domestic Violence ILR route is for people on a spouse settlement visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.