ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependant BRP status - No work, No Engaging in Business

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sahilbhasin1234
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4 dependant BRP status - No work, No Engaging in Business

Post by sahilbhasin1234 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:12 pm

Hello Sir/ Mam,

my wife came to the UK on feb 2020. My wife is studying and her visa status is Tier 4 General which was valid up to 19 july 2021. And my visa status is Tier 4 (General) Dependant.In the month of Jun 2021, my wife completed her course and take admission to a new course and the University provided CAS to Tier-4. I applied for a Dependent Visa extension and we received our new BRP cards and are valid up to 30 september Jan 2022. On my BRP card, it is written as "NO WORK NO ENGAGING IN BUSINESS".

Questions:
1. What does it mean?
2. Am I not allowed to work anymore?
3. This month I have changed my job, Do I need to inform my employer about this status?
4. Is it a mistake by Visa Officer?
5. If yes, how to address this issue and rectify it?
6. For the last one and half years I am working and paying NI, why is this sudden change in my work status?
7. If it is not a mistake by Visa Officer, is my wife eligible for a post-study work visa (PSW)

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 4 dependant BRP status - No work, No Engaging in Business

Post by manci » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:54 pm

sahilbhasin1234 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:12 pm
new BRP cards and are valid up to 30 september Jan 2022
until what date are your BRP cards valid? 30 September 2022 or 30 January 2022?

How long is your wife's course?
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:00 pm

There are several existing topics about this matter. It seems to be a common error by caseworkers.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Babatunde123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Babatunde123 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:05 am

Hello everyone,

I and my wife got our visas yesterday,I am the dependant but on my vignette it’s stated there “no work no business” Pls any suggestion on how to go about this ..

Thanks as I await your responses.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:57 am

See also ST 39.3.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bob1982
Newly Registered
India

Post by bob1982 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:16 pm

Hi Sahil,

Did you get your BRP sorted? I am also having the same issue although I have not received my BRP yet. I got the remarks as "You are not allowed to work or engage in any business category" on the visa application update email. My spouse is doing a 2-year Full time PG course and looks like there has been some error made by the UKVI.

Could you please let me know what needs to be done in case the same remarks are there on the BRP and how long does it take to get the BRP corrected?