ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Dependant Query

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

talrejaashish2010
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Uk tier 4 dependant Visa

Post by talrejaashish2010 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:40 am

Hi All,

I have below queries for the Tier 4 Dependant visa

Q1) My wife is planning to study Masters from the UK in Jan2020 intake and I have returned back in February 2019 from ICT Tier 2 Main applicantan visa. Am I eligible to apply for tier 4 dependant visa in the month of October-November (I mean can I exempt from Tier 2 ICT cooling off period as I have not completed 12 months in the home country)?

Q2) I am planning to update my saving Salary bank account to joint account with My wife's name. Is that fine if she show my bank statment where her name is displayed as joint accountee or should I transfer all the funds into her account?

Q3) Is spouse allowed to work over there if the course is in publicly funded University and 12 Months Longer

Q4)Same master course is available with the extra (2nd) Placement year as well, If we apply for the 2 year course (1 Year Study + 1 Year Placement), will I get 2 years and (4 months of Post study visa) or not.

Could you please please please help me on the queries

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Uk tier 4 dependant Visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:07 am

Q1) Cooling off period does NOT apply to PBS dependent visas!!! The cooling off period ONLY applies to Tier 2 main visa holders.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

talrejaashish2010
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 4 Dependant Query

Post by talrejaashish2010 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:04 am

Hi All,

My wife will get CAS in 2-3 days and we are planning to apply for the visa together, I am having few doubts, Please answer:

1)Is it okay to show funds on my saving account and she is joint holder in my account for maintenance funds of dependant.
2)Is it okay to keep all money in Spouse account including fees and maintenance funds.
3)Also, My consultant is saying it is safe to apply after student enroll in the university not together while filing for dependant visa because there are chances of rejection when applied together.
4)I am planning to submit:

a)CAS and passports
b)Wife Bank Statement and Letter
c)Spouse Bank Statement and Letter
d)2 Marriage photos
e)Marriage Certificate and Marriage Card
f)Whatsapp and Facebook Chat
g)Spouse and Main Applicant TB Certificate

Any Other document, Please comment.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Dependant Query

Post by sah10406 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:26 pm

talrejaashish2010 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:04 am
1)Is it okay to show funds on my saving account and she is joint holder in my account for maintenance funds of dependant.
2)Is it okay to keep all money in Spouse account including fees and maintenance funds.
See paragraphs 98-104 and 109-112 of the PBS dependant policy guidance. Paragaph 100 is about joint accounts and paragraph 104(i) is about bank statements.
talrejaashish2010 wrote:
3)Also, My consultant is saying it is safe to apply after student enroll in the university not together while filing for dependant visa because there are chances of rejection when applied together.
Either is fine. Did they say why they think it is risky to apply together?
talrejaashish2010 wrote:
b)Wife Bank Statement and Letter
c)Spouse Bank Statement and Letter
What letters?
talrejaashish2010 wrote:
d)2 Marriage photos
f)Whatsapp and Facebook Chat
These are not required. They can sometimes be useful if, for example, the couple has been living separately, very recently married, or there is some other reason to think they are not a genuine couple.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

talrejaashish2010
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by talrejaashish2010 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:21 pm

a)Thank you for the response, Really really appreciate.
I read point from PBS dependant guidance doc:
100. If you wish to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, you, the main applicant, or
(for children) your other parent must be named on the account along with one or more other
named individual(s).
So this is completely fine that I can update her name on Joint account in my Personal account

About 104(i), it is not for tier 4 dependant as they clearly mentioned as
Is it for Tier 4 Dependant as well or they just need to provide for 28 days.
Evidence for applications made as the dependant of a person with leave under Tier 1, 2 or 5 or Appendix W

b)"Either is fine" Even I think so but he is saying people get rejection if they apply together, I have all genuine documents and enough funds in my account

c)Letter I mean Bank certificate stating the funds maintained for 28 days and ready to use anytime.

talrejaashish2010
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by talrejaashish2010 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:29 pm

I think you are informing me about paragraph 112 where it is clearly mention that it requires for only 28 days.

Also, I would like to know, In this document they only mentioned parent/Guardian, But are spouse allowed for Joint account?

Do I need to keep funds for 28 days or 90 days?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:51 pm

talrejaashish2010 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:21 pm
About 104(i), it is not for tier 4 dependant as they clearly mentioned as
Is it for Tier 4 Dependant as well or they just need to provide for 28 days.
Sorry, my error. Paragraph 104(i) is about bank statements for Tier 2 dependants, hence it mentions 90 days. It is paragraph 112(i) that covers bank statements for Tier 4 dependants, for whom the requirement is 28 days.
talrejaashish2010 wrote:
c)Letter I mean Bank certificate stating the funds maintained for 28 days and ready to use anytime.
You need bank statements [as per paragraph 112(i)] *or* a letter from the bank [as per paragraph 112(iii)]. Not both.
talrejaashish2010 wrote:
Also, I would like to know, In this document they only mentioned parent/Guardian, But are spouse allowed for Joint account?
I don't know where you are reading that. There is nothing in the guidance about a dependant spouse using evidence of money in a parent or guardian's money, only in their own name or the main migrant's name. Paragraph 112(i) is very clear about that.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

talrejaashish2010
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by talrejaashish2010 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:02 pm

Okay thanks, It clears all my doubts..

So basically Husband can provide funds to his wife with join account holder name on his account and should I need to provide consent letter that my wife going to use my funds as maintenance funds.

Note- she is having her maintenance funds + tution fees in her account.. the above query is for spouse maintenance funds whonis going on dependant and he has maintenance funds in his account.