ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependant to tier 2 General switch

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Awkhatri
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4 dependant to tier 2 General switch

Post by Awkhatri » Mon May 11, 2020 1:50 pm

Hi,
I am a tier 4 student having leave upto 30/01/2021. My wife is a tier 4 dependant in the UK and a GMC registered doctor.
Firstly, can she practice as a full time doctor in the UK on the current visa as the condition states "not as a doctor or dentist in training". Does training refer to full time practice as well over here?

Secondly, is a tier 4 dependant to tier 2 General switch possible from within the UK?

Thirdly, can I switch from tier 4 to tier 2 dependant in the future or would require leaving to my home country and applying?

Regards

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 dependant to tier 2 General switch

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:17 pm

Awkhatri wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:50 pm
Firstly, can she practice as a full time doctor in the UK on the current visa as the condition states "not as a doctor or dentist in training". Does training refer to full time practice as well over here?
"Doctor or dentist in training" means what it says. If she has concerns about working as a doctor not in training, they are probably unfounded but she would best speak directly with the employer about that, as they must of course be satisfied that she can do the work on her current visa.
Awkhatri wrote:
Secondly, is a tier 4 dependant to tier 2 General switch possible from within the UK?
See https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/switch-to-this-visa
Awkhatri wrote:
Thirdly, can I switch from tier 4 to tier 2 dependant in the future or would require leaving to my home country and applying?
Anyone can make a PBS dependant application in the UK except those who are listed in paragraph 319C(h) of Part 8 of the immigration rules:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.