ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 4 dependent case (tricky)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khan1512
Newly Registered
Pakistan

tier 4 dependent case (tricky)

Post by khan1512 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:30 pm

Hi guys,

I am from Pakistan

My wife is planning to study her Msc Human resource management In UK. we married 2 years ago. She is planning to study and takr me as her dependent. Please note we havent applied yet.

My case:

In 2009 i went to UK under tier 4 student visa i was 19 yewrs old that time. My entry clearance visa was valid for 1 year. My firat extension was successful. In april 2012 i applied for my second extension but in December 2012 my 2nd extension was refused as Case worker was not statisfied that my mother mantainance funds were held in account for 28 days. Interestingly, I was also put under section 47C which stated that i need to leave UK asap if do not appeal. I understand that they give 28 days to leave but in my case they gave me a section 47c that i had to leave immediately voluntarily. However, i chose to appeal against the decision as i thought my case is pretty straightforward i just need to give them proof that my mother did hold this money for 28 days by providing bank certificates. My hearing date was 4th april 2013 By that time i had already left my studies as my college was bogus and it license got suspended not terminated. I decided to fight my own case rather to pay solicitor as i had already decided that i will leave UK in december 2013 even if my appeal is allowed. In my hearing, judge asked me when my course woukd be ending to which i replied in july 2013. He asked me what i will do afterwards to which i responded that i will go back. i got my appeal decision and my appeal was dismissed but was only allowed under section 47 c in which judge stated tuat section 47 c was not accordance to law. At that time i thought as i was not a solicitor that my appeal has been allowed. so in August 2013 i got to know that my sister marriage has been fixed in pakistan and i have to go. Since i was under the impression that my appeal has been allowed under section 47c i will get my passport with a visa stamped on it :) :) :D. my passport was due to expired in nov 2013 so i wrote to home office that i need to you guys to send my passport and visa back as i have to go back. On which i got response on email that i will not get any further visa as my appeal was only allowed under section 47c which means you i cannot be removed from the country immediately. However she did informed me that i have overstayed in the country and i need to leave UK. i responded her to send my documents back as i had already made arrangements to go back to Pakistan. However right at the end i had not recieved my passport so i was left with only one option that was to get a emergency travel document from pakistan high commission. My travel date was 10 dec 2013 and on 8th december home office sent me my passport back which was already expired.

I understand my return was completely voluntary amd since my return i never applied to return to UK. i have all the documents with mr

i just need expert advice that what will be my chances to get tier 4 dependent visa. I have seen their immigration law which state that a person is likely to be refused entry clearance if that person has overstayed in the country unless he/she left UK voluntary not in the state expense.

please guide

thank you

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: tier 4 dependent case (tricky)

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:02 pm

khan1512 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:30 pm
i just need expert advice that what will be my chances to get tier 4 dependent visa. I have seen their immigration law which state that a person is likely to be refused entry clearance if that person has overstayed in the country unless he/she left UK voluntary not in the state expense.

please guide
You need individual advice from a professional.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.