ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Dependent Child Visa for Baby born in UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MUB
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 4 Dependent Child Visa for Baby born in UK

Post by MUB » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:07 pm

I would like to inquire about a few things:
1) Has someone had a recent experience of applying for a Tier 4 dependent child visa for a baby born in the UK? I am on a Tier 4 student visa studying on a scholarship in the UK and my wife is a on a Tier 4 dependent spouse visa. I and my wife applied for our visas in Pakistan and we were granted our visas at the same time. Do we need to show the same amount of funds for applying inside the UK for our baby as if we were applying outside the UK? How much savings/funds do we need to show?
2) The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) will be double this year, does anyone know that exact date from which this will be implemented?

Thanks a lot!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Dependent Child Visa for Baby born in UK

Post by sah10406 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:43 am

MUB wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:07 pm
Do we need to show the same amount of funds for applying inside the UK for our baby as if we were applying outside the UK?
Yes.
MUB wrote:
How much savings/funds do we need to show?
See https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3369
MUB wrote:
The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) will be double this year, does anyone know that exact date from which this will be implemented?
The only date given so far is "later this year". See https://www.gov.uk/government/news/heal ... 400-a-year
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.