ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Dependent to Health carer Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HMRAASHIBILAL
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 4 Dependent to Health carer Visa

Post by HMRAASHIBILAL » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:09 am

Hi immigration experts,

I Came in UK in Nov 2021 as a student dependent, with wife (main student and daughter), Our current Visa is going to expire on 28th Feb 2023, However main student is not eligible for PSW due to 4th submission and Uni has terminated her studies in January 2023.
I (the dependent) got a job offer from NHS as band 3 and the provisional start date is April 1st week. I need a way out to stay or extend Visa for 1-2 months so that I can get COS from NHS and can switch current visa to tier 2.
Someone suggested me to submit PSW application and choose Biometric date at latest and which can also be cancelled and moved forward for 4-5 weeks further. Meanwhile when I get COS from NHS I can submit my Tier 2 application and cancel previous PSW application.
My question is:

1. Would it be right follow the above pathway?
2. When my PSW application is pending, would there be any problem in issuance of COS from home office as my current visa would be expired by the time I'll get COS.

or any other suitable option in my scenario please.

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Dependent to Health carer Visa

Post by sah10406 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:36 am

HMRAASHIBILAL wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:09 am
Someone suggested me to submit PSW application and choose Biometric date at latest and which can also be cancelled and moved forward for 4-5 weeks further.
What are this person's bona fides for giving visa advice? I assume you mean the Graduate visa, but why would you apply for that specifically? Or is that just a random choice because you are not eligible for that or any other specific route?
HMRAASHIBILAL wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:09 am
Meanwhile when I get COS from NHS I can submit my Tier 2 application and cancel previous PSW application.
I assume you mean vary your pending application, rather than cancelling it.

I would strongly advice getting advice from both your employer and an immigration legal adviser about your options. It's not safe to rely on the amateur advice of strangers, or especially of friends.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.