ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 4 dependent visa decision time

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ahyay
Newly Registered
Turkey

tier 4 dependent visa decision time

Post by ahyay » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:20 pm

Hello,

I am applying for Tier 4 Dependant visa. My husband will be my sponsor. I have two questions;

1) Will the decision of visa application be declared at the same time for both of us? Do I have to wait more than him to hear about the decision? Decision times for standard applications are app. 15 days for students and 8 weeks for their dependents.

2) As you might know, I have to wait 28 days after our bank accounts have sufficient amount of funds. Our bank accounts will be mature on the 24th of July. Can I finish my online application NOW by making an appointment for 24th of July and print the bank statements at the same date of appointment OR should I wait until 24th of July to finish the application.

We are confused because of the statement below written in the webpage of the university.
"You will need to show evidence of the required funds for every day within the 28 consecutive days prior to making your application online"

ahyay
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: tier 4 dependent visa decision time

Post by ahyay » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:42 pm

One more question

We are required to process separate online applications. We haven't finished our online applications yet.

Do we need to make our appointments at the same date or do we need to make separate appointments?

Medhat
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Medhat » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:49 pm

My wife and I have the same questions.
Through searching we understand that the 8 weeks processing time is for applying from inside uk
But from outside uk it is the same time for the student and the independents
We still not sure but tell us if if understand any more info about this
Good luck

ahyay
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by ahyay » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:51 am

As we understand from this forum, it may take much longer then 15 days or 30 days to receive tier 4 visa in the summer since it is the peak months for Tier 4 visa. Therefore, my husband made his application solely on 11th of July, and still waiting for the decision. He didn't need to wait for 28 days of mature bank account, so he applied immediately to not miss the flight day. However, I need to wait for our bank accounts to be mature.

When he was making his application, he asked to the officers in visa application center whether we need to make our applications together or separately. Their answer is that it is better to make appointment for the same day and apply together, but it is okay to apply separately. They suggest that I should write a petition stating that I'm am applying as a dependant of the former applicant.

Indeed, we are still doubtful if we are making it properly. Also keep in mind that those processes my differ from country to country.

Mah1020
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mah1020 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:28 pm

Did you guys manage to get visa main n dependent
Please let know..thanks

ahyay
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by ahyay » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:23 am

yes, we did. the main visa process took 8 days and dependant visa coma in 3 days.