ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependent visa for child born in UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AliImad
Newly Registered
Iraq

Tier 4 dependent visa for child born in UK

Post by AliImad » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:11 am

Hi,
I am on tier 4 (student) visa and my wife on tier 4 dependent visa with me. We have our child in UK 7 months ago but did not apply for a visa for the child because I thought that I need to issue a passport for the child first from our embassy before applying for the visa, which I just found it is wrong and I could apply without passport for the child born in UK (my bad). However, I just got the passport and decided to apply now, but the problem is I do not have enough funds (£6120) now in my bank account and I do not know what to do. Is it ok if my bank statement shows less than the required amount of the money? what is your advice?

thanks,

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 dependent visa for child born in UK

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:40 pm

AliImad wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:11 am
Is it ok if my bank statement shows less than the required amount of the money?
No.

A child born in the UK to someone with limited leave does not need to apply for dependant leave unless it is re-entering the UK after travel outside the Common Travel Area. However, such a child is only covered for NHS hospital fees until they are 3 months old. If you are not applying for dependant leave for the child, you may wish to make sure you have medical insurance that covers them for hospital fees meanwhile.

See https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3382
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.