ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependent visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zeeshu6
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4 dependent visa

Post by zeeshu6 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:59 am

Hello forum members and admins.

I am living in uk since 2018 feb. I came as tier 4 master student. I married a tier 4 international student from india who was residing in UK under tier 4 permission. I changed my status from tier 4 to pbs dependent. Under covid concessions i was able to apply for tier 4 visa within country. I recieved my CAS and applied for tier 4 visa with dependent.

My doubt is all my maintenance and fees will be paid by my parwnts and have already paid 80% of the fee. The dependent needs to show 6120 GBP. Can she show her parents account with letter of consent and proof of relationship for pbs dependent visa as she has just finished her studies and doesn't have much savings.

When I applied for dependent visa i showed my parents account and I recieved dependent visa.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 dependent visa

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:34 am

zeeshu6 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:59 am
Can she show her parents account with letter of consent and proof of relationship for pbs dependent visa as she has just finished her studies and doesn't have much savings.
No. A dependant can only show evidence of money in their own name or in the main migrant's name.
zeeshu6 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:59 am
When I applied for dependent visa i showed my parents account and I recieved dependent visa.
Either you are thinking of your Tier 4 application, where that is permitted, or it was an error by the caseworker that is unlikely to be made again.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.