ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 - DUI on an e-scooter

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MaSTerKiLLerZ
Newly Registered
Germany

Tier 4 - DUI on an e-scooter

Post by MaSTerKiLLerZ » Tue May 04, 2021 2:50 pm

Hi all,

would be really grateful if someone could help me - I am more and more becoming scared.

I was accepted to study in the UK from this summer onwards a few months ago and today, I wanted to start the VISA application process after receiving my CAS from the uni. However, now that I am filling out the application, I am unsure about an old DUI of mine.

In July 2019, I was stopped by the police on an e-scooter (these little scooters from companies like "Lime", "Tier" or "Bird" which you do not need any license for) in Germany after being out drinking. Subsequently, my driver's license was taken from me and after several months of waiting, I received a penal order in the amount of EUR 600 in November 2019, which I paid the same day. I got my driver's license back in June 2020.

The penal order does not show up on my criminal record.

Do I have to fear an adverse Tier 4 decision because of this DUI if i include this information under "driving offences"? My mind is going crazy!

Thanks in advance everyone!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 4 - DUI on an e-scooter

Post by manci » Wed May 05, 2021 8:10 am

You received a EUR 600 fine and a one year driving ban for DUI an e-scooter in Germany in 2019.

Irrespective of whether the German Penal Order (Strafbefehl) counts as a criminal conviction under German law you should declare it in your visa application. If you don't you may be accused of deception which is far more serious than the road traffic offence.

I doubt if the German Penal Order you received will be an issue when deciding your student visa application.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

MaSTerKiLLerZ
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: Tier 4 - DUI on an e-scooter

Post by MaSTerKiLLerZ » Wed May 05, 2021 3:01 pm

Thank you!