Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-4 priority visa delay

Only for UK Tier 4 (Student) points system
Tier 4

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
Hrishi_1996
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:48 am
India

Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by Hrishi_1996 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:52 am

Hey guys,

This is my timeline.
Appointment date: 25/07/2019
Application sent to Sheffield on: 26/07/2019

Having applied for priority visa (5 working days), Its been close to 17 working days and I'm yet to get any update from UKVI. I called the enquiry team and they had told that it's still processing. This is my 2nd time to the UK.
They are causing to much stress and I'm yet to book my flight tickets thinking when would be the right time. Really worried about my visa application and passport submitted.

Is anyone facing the same problem?

helloworld4321
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:04 am
Malaysia

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by helloworld4321 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:24 am

Hi Hrishi, I think this is quite common as it is peak time now for all September intake. I paid for priority 2 years ago and got mine on the 13th day (from the day received in Shefo) and I am a low risk national. I also tried calling but got the same response as you so to be honest you can only wait unless they contact you for an interview etc. I've read some people contacting the university for help but I haven't done that myself so not too sure if it will be of any help. If there isn't an issue with your application (e.g overstayer/exceed working hours/financial docs/not academic progression etc) then you should receive your passport soon.

Zerubbabel
Member of Standing
Posts: 406
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:13 am
Mood:

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:59 am

As mater of rule, the HO never respect promised dates / ETAs / Delays.

These are just general indications or "best effort ETAs".

Hrishi_1996
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:48 am
India

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by Hrishi_1996 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:09 pm

Thank you.
I have got a mail from the University on August 2nd, 2019 stating that my BRP was received by them and is ready for collection. If that's the case it denotes that my visa is confirmed right?
helloworld4321 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:24 am
Hi Hrishi, I think this is quite common as it is peak time now for all September intake. I paid for priority 2 years ago and got mine on the 13th day (from the day received in Shefo) and I am a low risk national. I also tried calling but got the same response as you so to be honest you can only wait unless they contact you for an interview etc. I've read some people contacting the university for help but I haven't done that myself so not too sure if it will be of any help. If there isn't an issue with your application (e.g overstayer/exceed working hours/financial docs/not academic progression etc) then you should receive your passport soon.

helloworld4321
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:04 am
Malaysia

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by helloworld4321 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:59 am

Hrishi_1996 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:09 pm
Thank you.
I have got a mail from the University on August 2nd, 2019 stating that my BRP was received by them and is ready for collection. If that's the case it denotes that my visa is confirmed right?
I think that is a safe indication that your visa application has been successful, although why your passport hasn't been sent back to you is a bit of a mystery. Because in the end you would still need your passport with the vignette to enter the UK. I would suggest you ask your university for help on the whereabouts of your passport because usually VFS and the UKVI helpline are not much of help.

Hope everything will end up alright! :)

Hrishi_1996
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:48 am
India

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by Hrishi_1996 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:31 pm

So, I finally got a credibility interview call on Aug 28th, 2019 after calling them twice and mailing them thrice. The interview took about 30-40 minutes.

I got a mail from the home office finally today (Aug 29th,2019) and it is attached below.

Dear name

Regarding Visa Application: GWF*********
For - name

Thank you for your enquiry

I can confirm that a decision has been made on your application. You may have already been notified of the decision and will be contacted again within the next few days, regarding the return of your documents.

Hope it was positive decision and hopefully I get my visa soon after a month delay.
Hrishi_1996 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:52 am
Hey guys,

This is my timeline.
Appointment date: 25/07/2019
Application sent to Sheffield on: 26/07/2019

Having applied for priority visa (5 working days), Its been close to 17 working days and I'm yet to get any update from UKVI. I called the enquiry team and they had told that it's still processing. This is my 2nd time to the UK.
They are causing to much stress and I'm yet to book my flight tickets thinking when would be the right time. Really worried about my visa application and passport submitted.

Is anyone facing the same problem?

Singaporean
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:27 am
Singapore

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by Singaporean » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:40 am

Congrats on receiving your visa.

I am also experiencing a massive delay.

My application was received at Sheffield on 4 July! Although I took normal service, this is really too long. I called today and they say still under review.

CeNaNe
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:08 pm
Ghana

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by CeNaNe » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:17 pm

I’ve applied for tier 4 priority visa on 21 August,I called UKVI few minutes ago and I was told my application is at decision making stage and that I should wait for 15 working days more before I contact them
Anyone in this situation? This priority service is a scam to get our money🙄

Hrishi_1996
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:48 am
India

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by Hrishi_1996 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:19 pm

I'm still waiting to receive it..have no idea when I'll be getting my passport and what exactly was the decision.

Hopefully you'll get a decision soon. This is unbelievably late. Did you contact the home office?
Singaporean wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:40 am
Congrats on receiving your visa.

I am also experiencing a massive delay.

My application was received at Sheffield on 4 July! Although I took normal service, this is really too long. I called today and they say still under review.

Singaporean
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:27 am
Singapore

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by Singaporean » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:00 am

Yes i sent an email. They say will escalate and reply within 15 work days. That was 19 aug.

So i called them on 26 aug and they say still under review. I also get my university to contact them but no result yet.

Really upset with the service. Have to pay money to ask them even though they are late. Already 40 work days.
Hrishi_1996 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:19 pm
I'm still waiting to receive it..have no idea when I'll be getting my passport and what exactly was the decision.

Hopefully you'll get a decision soon. This is unbelievably late. Did you contact the home office?
Singaporean wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:40 am
Congrats on receiving your visa.

I am also experiencing a massive delay.

My application was received at Sheffield on 4 July! Although I took normal service, this is really too long. I called today and they say still under review.

Singaporean
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:27 am
Singapore

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by Singaporean » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:02 am

CeNaNe wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:17 pm
I’ve applied for tier 4 priority visa on 21 August,I called UKVI few minutes ago and I was told my application is at decision making stage and that I should wait for 15 working days more before I contact them
Anyone in this situation? This priority service is a scam to get our money🙄
I get the same 15 working day respond from email. But i am on standard service.

At the time of asking, i already waiting for about 30 working days. Another 15 working days to respond to a 'long ago' application is very unacceptable.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 63172
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:10 am

Singaporean wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:02 am
CeNaNe wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:17 pm
I’ve applied for tier 4 priority visa on 21 August,I called UKVI few minutes ago and I was told my application is at decision making stage and that I should wait for 15 working days more before I contact them
Anyone in this situation? This priority service is a scam to get our money🙄
I get the same 15 working day respond from email. But i am on standard service.

At the time of asking, i already waiting for about 30 working days. Another 15 working days to respond to a 'long ago' application is very unacceptable.
There is no need to quote each user and positing the same statement repetitively. Posting it once is enough and all members can see it!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CeNaNe
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:08 pm
Ghana

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by CeNaNe » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:46 am

Hi,any update from UKVI yet?

Hrishi_1996
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:48 am
India

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by Hrishi_1996 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:16 pm

Hi,

Yes I just got a SMS saying that my visa was received by the UK visa application centre and will be delivered by courier to my address.

Been a loooong wait..nd stressful.
CeNaNe wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:46 am
Hi,any update from UKVI yet?

CeNaNe
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:08 pm
Ghana

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by CeNaNe » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Congrats!!!...How long did you wait?

apsk
Member of Standing
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:28 pm
India

Re: Tier-4 priority visa delay

Post by apsk » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:09 am

It is quite surprising that University received your BRP even before your credibility interview and a decision made, which happened on 28th Aug. Am I misisng something here?
Hrishi_1996 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:31 pm
So, I finally got a credibility interview call on Aug 28th, 2019 after calling them twice and mailing them thrice. The interview took about 30-40 minutes.

I got a mail from the home office finally today (Aug 29th,2019) and it is attached below.

Dear name

Regarding Visa Application: GWF*********
For - name

Thank you for your enquiry

I can confirm that a decision has been made on your application. You may have already been notified of the decision and will be contacted again within the next few days, regarding the return of your documents.

Hope it was positive decision and hopefully I get my visa soon after a month delay.
Hrishi_1996 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:52 am
Hey guys,

This is my timeline.
Appointment date: 25/07/2019
Application sent to Sheffield on: 26/07/2019

Having applied for priority visa (5 working days), Its been close to 17 working days and I'm yet to get any update from UKVI. I called the enquiry team and they had told that it's still processing. This is my 2nd time to the UK.
They are causing to much stress and I'm yet to book my flight tickets thinking when would be the right time. Really worried about my visa application and passport submitted.

Is anyone facing the same problem?

Post Reply
cron