ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 4 refused going for Administrative review

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

san1z
Pakistan

tier 4 refused going for Administrative review

Post by san1z » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi, i applied for a visa on 17th of August, gave the interview and got a call on 1st sept for the second interview. I gave 9 reasons for selecting my university but when I got my passport back on 4 sep it was with a refusal letter based on two reasons declared not solid enough for choosing my university, first was 'I told them my uni has 96% employment rate, they said many other universities have, why didn't you considered them but it was not asked during the interview. the second was I told them my university got TEF gold status, they said many other have gold status in tef why didn't you considered them though again was not asked in the interview. the interviewer asked me what does your father do but on refusal letter, it was stated that the interviewer asked about salary but he was not sure. I have requested for the transcript from Sheffield visa office and want to file AR but I'm confused about should i do it myself or through some solicitor? the reasons for refusal are not solid so i thought i should do it myself but as told, I'm confused. Would be grateful for any sort of help or recommendation regarding to AR or my case.

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Re: tier 4 refused going for Administrative review

Post by wikki » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:22 pm

san1z wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:40 pm
Hi, i applied for a visa on 17th of August, gave the interview and got a call on 1st sept for the second interview. I gave 9 reasons for selecting my university but when I got my passport back on 4 sep it was with a refusal letter based on two reasons declared not solid enough for choosing my university, first was 'I told them my uni has 96% employment rate, they said many other universities have, why didn't you considered them but it was not asked during the interview. the second was I told them my university got TEF gold status, they said many other have gold status in tef why didn't you considered them though again was not asked in the interview. the interviewer asked me what does your father do but on refusal letter, it was stated that the interviewer asked about salary but he was not sure. I have requested for the transcript from Sheffield visa office and want to file AR but I'm confused about should i do it myself or through some solicitor? the reasons for refusal are not solid so i thought i should do it myself but as told, I'm confused. Would be grateful for any sort of help or recommendation regarding to AR or my case.
Always better to let your Tier 4 sponsor help you when it comes to AR. They all have experts in immigration advice and stuff and its totally free.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:52 am

Under what paragraphs of the Immigration Rules did they put as the grounds for the refusal?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

san1z
Pakistan

Post by san1z » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:03 pm

wikki wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:22 pm
Always better to let your Tier 4 sponsor help you when it comes to AR. They all have experts in immigration advice and stuff and its totally free.
I contacted the international support office and they told me to hire a solicitor for AR and it'll cost around 500 pounds. I am going to file an AR on my own because the reasons eco gave were not that solid and can't waste 500 pounds on AR only.

san1z
Pakistan

Post by san1z » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:08 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:52 am
Under what paragraphs of the Immigration Rules did they put as the grounds for the refusal?
i was refused under 245ZV(k). they said I'm not a genuine student though I was working on my case for months and actually made it my dream to study in the UK.
Can you provide me some tips for strengthing my AR?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:19 am

san1z wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:03 pm
I contacted the international support office and they told me to hire a solicitor for AR and it'll cost around 500 pounds.
Which university is this?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

san1z
Pakistan

Post by san1z » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:30 am

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:19 am
Which university is this?
University of Hertfordshire

rali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by rali » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:06 pm

i have a slightly similar case as well . my visa got refused on credibility bases on 9th september 2018. i sent my interview transcripts to the local representatives of university X which were my visa consultants as well,but when i called university X for advice they asked me to send my transcripts to them,seems like the local representatives have not forwarded the transcripts to the university X. now i am confused whether i should send my transcripts directly to the university X for a legal advice OR hire a solicitor as per recommendations of the local representatives??? please give suggestions!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:09 pm

rali wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:06 pm
i have a slightly similar case as well . my visa got refused on credibility bases on 9th september 2018. i sent my interview transcripts to the local representatives of university X which were my visa consultants as well,but when i called university X for advice they asked me to send my transcripts to them,seems like the local representatives have not forwarded the transcripts to the university X. now i am confused whether i should send my transcripts directly to the university X for a legal advice OR hire a solicitor as per recommendations of the local representatives??? please give suggestions!!
Kindly stop tagging your question onto every topic you find. Please stick to your own thread.

uk-tier-4-student-visas/title-tier-4-vi ... l#p1682458

See also point 12 of the forum rules FAQs (click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by rali » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:22 pm

okay,suree.