ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
MrAli
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:57 pm
Mood:
Iraq

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by MrAli » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:12 am

wikki wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:48 am
MrAli wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:13 pm
MrAli wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:42 pm
Munchie10 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:41 am


Hello,
They asked me:
1.why did you choose this university exactly?
2.what the name of the course
3.the fees of the course and accommodation
4.my future plans after I take the course
5.what have I been doing in the last 4 years
6.course duration
7.who is my sponsor
8.how many siblings do I have
9.they asked if I am gonna pay back the fees to my Dad after I finish the course
Hope that helps and good luck 👍🏻
The officer asked me very difficult questions. I am really scared and I do not if this will affect the decision of my visa
She asked me about ranking of other Universities and also the name of Universities in other countries and what are the differences
She also asked me about my future plan and why I chose to study in Uk as compared to my home country


What do you think ? We talked for about 50 minuets. I’m very stressed :shock:
1. Ranking of other universities: It is okay if you don't know the exact position of each university but at least you should be able to estimate the academic reputation of each university you're applying to
2. Name of universities you applied to and their differences: If you really applied to other universities it would be easy to know the differences; courses, teaching style, facilities, etc
3. Future plan and why you choose the UK: really, I don't think should be hard to answer

Most of us got asked these same questions, these questions are not difficult it just depends on how you answered them.
Cheer up, all the best

1- I talked about queens marry university of London and University of Chester. I told here that I do not the exact ranking of queen marry but I believe it it is in the first twenty, while University of Chester ranking is 77 according to guardian. However, I preferred chester because the course is more affordable ( compared the fees) and offer an international scholarship once receive the offer. Also this course has high reputation and good teaching methods based on my friend recommendation who took the course two years ago. She Asked me about the ranking of the specific course and I told her that I do not know exactly :?

What do you think about my answer ?

wikki
BANNED
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:17 am
Mood:

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by wikki » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:59 am

MrAli wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:12 am
wikki wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:48 am
MrAli wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:13 pm
MrAli wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:42 pm
The officer asked me very difficult questions. I am really scared and I do not if this will affect the decision of my visa
She asked me about ranking of other Universities and also the name of Universities in other countries and what are the differences
She also asked me about my future plan and why I chose to study in Uk as compared to my home country


What do you think ? We talked for about 50 minuets. I’m very stressed :shock:
1. Ranking of other universities: It is okay if you don't know the exact position of each university but at least you should be able to estimate the academic reputation of each university you're applying to
2. Name of universities you applied to and their differences: If you really applied to other universities it would be easy to know the differences; courses, teaching style, facilities, etc
3. Future plan and why you choose the UK: really, I don't think should be hard to answer

Most of us got asked these same questions, these questions are not difficult it just depends on how you answered them.
Cheer up, all the best

1- I talked about queens marry university of London and University of Chester. I told here that I do not the exact ranking of queen marry but I believe it it is in the first twenty, while University of Chester ranking is 77 according to guardian. However, I preferred chester because the course is more affordable ( compared the fees) and offer an international scholarship once receive the offer. Also this course has high reputation and good teaching methods based on my friend recommendation who took the course two years ago. She Asked me about the ranking of the specific course and I told her that I do not know exactly :?

What do you think about my answer ?


actually sounds good. just relax i'm sure it'll be fine

KingOfHearts
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:18 pm
Pakistan

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by KingOfHearts » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:15 am

Anyone from Pakistan, can please tell what documents you guys are submitting for Masters visa.

Is police clearance certificate required or not?

Esther268
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:52 am
Antigua & Barbuda

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by Esther268 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:13 am

Hello everyone
I've recently applied for a 6 months point base study visa .
I went to the vac interview on
July 12
My visa was sent of on July 16
I received a email on July 30 saying my visa application has not been straight forward and they will work on it as soon as possible. Its Been 12 days after they emailed me and 20 since I submitted my application I was hoping all last week i would get another email . I really hope that they email this week so I can collect it and hopefully it's been approved 😅

MrAli
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:57 pm
Mood:
Iraq

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by MrAli » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:58 am

Esther268 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:13 am
Hello everyone
I've recently applied for a 6 months point base study visa .
I went to the vac interview on
July 12
My visa was sent of on July 16
I received a email on July 30 saying my visa application has not been straight forward and they will work on it as soon as possible. Its Been 12 days after they emailed me and 20 since I submitted my application I was hoping all last week i would get another email . I really hope that they email this week so I can collect it and hopefully it's been approved 😅
I would suggest contacting the international department at your university

osibolsi
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:42 pm
India

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by osibolsi » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:22 am

Hey guys. My timeline update:

Interview + biometrics: 26th July
No communication from UKVI till today.

Email from UKVI stating that a decision has now been made and my passport can be collected from VFS in another 48 hours : 13th August

I will go collect the passport tomorrow morning as it's past collection timing right now.

I'm super nervous right now!

srijannpratap
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:29 pm
India

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by srijannpratap » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:40 pm

osibolsi wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:22 am
Hey guys. My timeline update:

Interview + biometrics: 26th July
No communication from UKVI till today.

Email from UKVI stating that a decision has now been made and my passport can be collected from VFS in another 48 hours : 13th August

I will go collect the passport tomorrow morning as it's past collection timing right now.



I'm super nervous right now!



Omg same, gave my interview on 27th and got an email today same as yours.
I applied from new delhi vfs. What about you? And let me know the results as I’ve applied for the courier service I think I’ll get the passport after the independence day.
Let me know.

coco1234
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:23 pm
Zimbabwe

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by coco1234 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:19 pm

coco1234 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:40 pm
coco1234 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:08 pm
coco1234 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:30 pm
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to share my timeline:

Online application: 10th July
Biometrics (no interview, maybe because I´m a low risk national?): 18th July
Automated email: 25th July (mentioned that my application is currently being prepared for consideration by ECO)
And that would be all.
Called today to UKVI to check the status of my application even though there´s been less than 15 working days (a bit anxious I know :D ), and they told me that my application hasn´t been analyzed yet.
This waiting game is killing me haha, let´s hope is for the best!

cheers!
Hi everyone! just an update, as of today it´s been 16 working days since my biometrics and no news at all. I contacted the immigration department from my U and they told me that they can´t do anything until the "standard processing times" are breached, and that standard applications usually take from 6 to 8 weeks since the application date. They also told me that priority visas are nowadays taking 15 working days average.
Quick reply!
I just called UKVI and they told me that a decision has been made on the 5th (on a sunday??), and that I should be getting my passport by next monday-tuesday...
fingers crossed!
Hi everybody!
The tracking number finally appeared on the courier so I should be getting my passport today, hopefuly with my visa in it!
I´ll keep you posted!

osibolsi
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:42 pm
India

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by osibolsi » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:31 pm

srijannpratap wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:40 pm
osibolsi wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:22 am
Hey guys. My timeline update:

Interview + biometrics: 26th July
No communication from UKVI till today.

Email from UKVI stating that a decision has now been made and my passport can be collected from VFS in another 48 hours : 13th August

I will go collect the passport tomorrow morning as it's past collection timing right now.



I'm super nervous right now!



Omg same, gave my interview on 27th and got an email today same as yours.
I applied from new delhi vfs. What about you? And let me know the results as I’ve applied for the courier service I think I’ll get the passport after the independence day.
Let me know.


All the best to both of us! I had opted for counter collection so i will get to know about my result tomorrow itself. Im literally so anxious and tensed at the moment. Hope everything goes well.

osibolsi
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:42 pm
India

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by osibolsi » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:33 pm

coco1234 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:19 pm
coco1234 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:40 pm
coco1234 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:08 pm
coco1234 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:30 pm
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to share my timeline:

Online application: 10th July
Biometrics (no interview, maybe because I´m a low risk national?): 18th July
Automated email: 25th July (mentioned that my application is currently being prepared for consideration by ECO)
And that would be all.
Called today to UKVI to check the status of my application even though there´s been less than 15 working days (a bit anxious I know :D ), and they told me that my application hasn´t been analyzed yet.
This waiting game is killing me haha, let´s hope is for the best!

cheers!
Hi everyone! just an update, as of today it´s been 16 working days since my biometrics and no news at all. I contacted the immigration department from my U and they told me that they can´t do anything until the "standard processing times" are breached, and that standard applications usually take from 6 to 8 weeks since the application date. They also told me that priority visas are nowadays taking 15 working days average.
Quick reply!
I just called UKVI and they told me that a decision has been made on the 5th (on a sunday??), and that I should be getting my passport by next monday-tuesday...
fingers crossed!
Hi everybody!
The tracking number finally appeared on the courier so I should be getting my passport today, hopefuly with my visa in it!
I´ll keep you posted!


All the best to you as well :)

srijannpratap
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:29 pm
India

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by srijannpratap » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:01 pm

osibolsi wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:22 am
Hey guys. My timeline update:

Interview + biometrics: 26th July
No communication from UKVI till today.

Email from UKVI stating that a decision has now been made and my passport can be collected from VFS in another 48 hours : 13th August

I will go collect the passport tomorrow morning as it's past collection timing right now.

I'm super nervous right now!

can you send the exact email that you got, ofc hiding the personal details.
As i got dont go to VAC straight await as your passport may not be ready to collect for up to 48hours.

osibolsi
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:42 pm
India

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by osibolsi » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:02 am

This is the email i got from UKVI yesterday afternoon:

Thank you for your UK visa application. A decision has now been made on your application and has been dispatched along with the documentation submitted.

The completed application has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre for VFS to process and forward to you, in accordance with your instructions to them.

It is important you do not go to the VAC straight away as your passport may not be ready to collect for up to 48 hours.


By the evening i got a text msg from VFS saying that my documents have arrived.

I went to the centre today and collected all my stuff. I got my visa :D. Very relieved right now.

Hope you get yours too!

srijannpratap wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:01 pm
osibolsi wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:22 am
Hey guys. My timeline update:

Interview + biometrics: 26th July
No communication from UKVI till today.

Email from UKVI stating that a decision has now been made and my passport can be collected from VFS in another 48 hours : 13th August

I will go collect the passport tomorrow morning as it's past collection timing right now.

I'm super nervous right now!

can you send the exact email that you got, ofc hiding the personal details.
As i got dont go to VAC straight await as your passport may not be ready to collect for up to 48hours.

bbbyh
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:54 am
United States of America

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by bbbyh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:07 am

I applied from Turkey on an American passport. Here is my timeline:

23rd of July: biometrics + interview
31st of July: email from Sheffield that my application is being prepared for consideration by ECO.
10th of August: Tick next to 'Decision Made' on the TLS website
13th of August: Email from TLS that my passport is ready for pickup

Picked up my passport with the vignette in it!! I didn't receive any emails from UKVI that a decision was made.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting!

wikki
BANNED
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:17 am
Mood:

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by wikki » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:06 am

More good news :D . Congrats to you all !

coco1234
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:23 pm
Zimbabwe

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by coco1234 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:39 pm

coco1234 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:19 pm
coco1234 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:40 pm
coco1234 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:08 pm
coco1234 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:30 pm
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to share my timeline:

Online application: 10th July
Biometrics (no interview, maybe because I´m a low risk national?): 18th July
Automated email: 25th July (mentioned that my application is currently being prepared for consideration by ECO)
And that would be all.
Called today to UKVI to check the status of my application even though there´s been less than 15 working days (a bit anxious I know :D ), and they told me that my application hasn´t been analyzed yet.
This waiting game is killing me haha, let´s hope is for the best!

cheers!
Hi everyone! just an update, as of today it´s been 16 working days since my biometrics and no news at all. I contacted the immigration department from my U and they told me that they can´t do anything until the "standard processing times" are breached, and that standard applications usually take from 6 to 8 weeks since the application date. They also told me that priority visas are nowadays taking 15 working days average.
Quick reply!
I just called UKVI and they told me that a decision has been made on the 5th (on a sunday??), and that I should be getting my passport by next monday-tuesday...
fingers crossed!
Hi everybody!
The tracking number finally appeared on the courier so I should be getting my passport today, hopefuly with my visa in it!
I´ll keep you posted!
Good news!! my passport finally arrived with the Visa in it!!
the whole process took 35 days since the application, and 27 days from the biometrics.
My final timeline:

Online application: 10th July
Biometrics (no interview): 18th July
Automated email: 25th July (mentioned that my application is currently being prepared for consideration by ECO)
Decision made: August 5th (called UKVI)
Passport arrived to my home: August 13th

Didn´t get an email stating that a decision has been made.
Good luck to everyone, and keep the hopes up! we´ll all get our visas!!

Alexis19999
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 3:33 pm
Nigeria

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by Alexis19999 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:30 pm

I submiitted my tier4 application today at TLS. when i 1got home i saw that tbcertificate was striked out as document not submitted.But all my documents including the TB certificate was scanned in my presence. Could ds be a mistake am very worried.

itistakingtime123
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:34 am

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by itistakingtime123 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:13 pm

Hey guys.

I have finally received my visa, my timeline is as below for anyone's future reference:

(Paid for priority, should be 5 working days for processing, took 4 weeks (Almost 20 working days) apparently paying for priority doesnt guarantee you getting a reply on time)

My timeline:

Application submitted: 16 July
Biometrics + Interview : 18 July
Email stating that application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre: 19 July
TLS website updated saying "Decision Made" (No email sent): 14 August
Email stating the passport is ready + Visa received: 15 August

Total: 4 weeks from biometrics to visa issuance (20 working days). UKVI didnt contact me during this period, and I wasnt able to reach them either (I just emailed them, by paying 5 pounds, and got a generic answer about my application, saying that its under process.

My advise is to contact the immigration office at your uni if your application takes longer than normal, each uni has a PAM (Premium account managaer) working at the UKVI, they will be able to assist you more on the latest updates on your application.

Also remember, patience is key - try not to think much about it

Good luck all!!

MrAli
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:57 pm
Mood:
Iraq

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by MrAli » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:57 pm

itistakingtime123 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:13 pm
Hey guys.

I have finally received my visa, my timeline is as below for anyone's future reference:

(Paid for priority, should be 5 working days for processing, took 4 weeks (Almost 20 working days) apparently paying for priority doesnt guarantee you getting a reply on time)

My timeline:

Application submitted: 16 July
Biometrics + Interview : 18 July
Email stating that application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre: 19 July
TLS website updated saying "Decision Made" (No email sent): 14 August
Email stating the passport is ready + Visa received: 15 August

Total: 4 weeks from biometrics to visa issuance (20 working days). UKVI didnt contact me during this period, and I wasnt able to reach them either (I just emailed them, by paying 5 pounds, and got a generic answer about my application, saying that its under process.

My advise is to contact the immigration office at your uni if your application takes longer than normal, each uni has a PAM (Premium account managaer) working at the UKVI, they will be able to assist you more on the latest updates on your application.

Also remember, patience is key - try not to think much about it

Good luck all!!
Congratulations

bunni
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:04 am
Singapore

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by bunni » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:11 am

Hi all, just thought I'd share my timeline in case anyone could benefit from it.

Standard service
29 July: Online application
31 July: Biometric appointment
16 August: Collected passport with visa sticker

I checked and my visa was issued on the 13th of August, so my application took 10 working days. I rang UKIV (on the £1.37/min line) on the 14th, was told it was being processed. Rang again on the 15th, was told a decision had been made. I did not receive any email telling me that a decision had been made or that my passport was ready for collection. I went down to VFS because I was growing too impatient. So don't worry if you've had no contact, if sufficient time has passed, maybe just head down to VFS to check. There were quite a few people in the Singapore VFS centre that were doing the same thing!

srijannpratap
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:29 pm
India

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by srijannpratap » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:53 am

srijannpratap wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:22 pm
Hello everyone,
My timeline,

Standard process/ bronze package
Online application- 20th july
Biometrics + interview - 27th july
Sms on the same day- visa application was forwarded to ukvi on 7/27/18

Since then no email no sms.
I’ll keep you guys posted.
I’m from india and applied from New Delhi.

UPDATE-
13th Aug- Got the decision has been made email
16th Aug- Got the passport delivered today with the visa sticker.
Soo happy.
ALL THE BEST to everyone, hope ya'll get yours soon.

MrAli
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:57 pm
Mood:
Iraq

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by MrAli » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:36 am

Today i found a tick on passport returned, but no tick on decision made and no tick on ready to collection.
What does this mean ?

MrAli
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:57 pm
Mood:
Iraq

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by MrAli » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:36 am

I didn’t receive any email from ukvi , but the passport has been sent to the courier, and I still waiting it. I’m very worried. I hope to receive my passport soon with the visa on it

Lucky7777
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:16 pm
India

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by Lucky7777 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:00 pm

Hello sharing my timeline!
2 Aug- Gave Biometrics in New Delhi!
Received a text message same day.
After that no communication from VFS side- No email/message.
My interview went really well. And my academics are very strong too, but i am still worried as 15th working day is approaching.
Anyone has any experience with processing times from New Delhi centre?

thathzz
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:21 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by thathzz » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:02 pm

MrAli wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:36 am
Today i found a tick on passport returned, but no tick on decision made and no tick on ready to collection.
What does this mean ?
From where u found a tick? is there any web link to track my application?. I'm worried. I didn't find anything like that.

thathzz
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:21 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by thathzz » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:08 pm

My time line,

Online application - 11th August.
biometric + intw - 13th August.

Until now no any update. So I think I have to wait for a long time to get my passport back, with hopefully visa on it. My course Starting date is 17th Sep. :|

Locked
cron