ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Student Visa - Work After Dissertation Submission

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shani93
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 4 Student Visa - Work After Dissertation Submission

Post by Shani93 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:00 pm

Hi Team,

I have a query regarding the work of the full time student after submitted their Dissertation. I am MBA student and submitted my final course work which is my dissertation on 27 January 2020. Then I contact my university and get the course completion letter to start the full time work after submitting my dissertation. Before I started to work full time I have contact my university.

They have advise as below

Please note you cannot work full-time until you have officially completed your course of study and have officially received your final degree award. This is likely to be early March, to be certain you will have to contact your department and ask when results are to be made available.

Therefore I didn’t work more than 20 hours per week, until I get my results.

My official result will be released on tomorrow.
Now I can see the provisional final mark is paper on my student record.

My queries as below,

1. Please advise me can I work full time since tomorrow as my final result will officially publish tomorrow morning.

2. Do I have to wait until I received the course completion letter to start my full time employment?

3. I have my student visa until 31st May 2020.
During this period can I work full time?

4. Can I joined for permanent full time role after got my official final result for the course?

5. During last 3 month of my Tier 4 students can I work full time. Please share me the home office guidance link as well. Currently I am working Parttime in my role and company wants me to start full time ASAP.

Much appreciated your time and support.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - Work After Dissertation Submission

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:03 am

With a Tier 4 visa, it's possible to work more than 20 hours per week once the course has finished and you have some leftover in the visa.

However, I won't call this "joining a permanent position". The position would be temporary until the end of your visa. If you just work and ignore that deadline, on June 1st you are illegal in the UK and working illegally with all possible consequences. From that point, you won't be able to fix your situation.

If your aim is to work in the UK, you need to use this remaining time to find a Tier 2 sponsor. Only if you get a Tier 2 sponsorship, then you can switch to a visa that allows you to take permanent position and stay beyond your current Tier 4 visa.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:08 pm

It just depends on the university calendar. You can work more than 20 hours a week in all vacations and after the formal end date of your course (as in the university calendar and on your CAS). When you get your results is not relevant.

The type of work on a Tier 4 visa is always restricted, regardless of how many hours you can work. This including no permanent full-time role.

See the Tier 4 policy guidance from page 47:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student

See also UKCISA's guide:
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... ier-4-work
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Shani93
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Shani93 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:55 pm

Thank you very much for clarifications