ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RIYER
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4

Post by RIYER » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:53 pm

Hi Guys,

Question regarding the Financial Documents.

Can I submit a bank letter in a black and white letterhead paper. This letter is however stamped and signed to prove it is original but it is in a black and white letterhead paper. Is that okay?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier 4

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:08 pm

RIYER wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:53 pm
Hi Guys,

Question regarding the Financial Documents.

Can I submit a bank letter in a black and white letterhead paper. This letter is however stamped and signed to prove it is original but it is in a black and white letterhead paper. Is that okay?

Thanks
Is it the one generated by Barclays self kiosk machine by any chance?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

RIYER
Newly Registered
India

Post by RIYER » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:09 pm

No, its a different bank in India, but it is in a black and white logo paper but has a colour stamp

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:12 pm

RIYER wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:09 pm
No, its a different bank in India, but it is in a black and white logo paper but has a colour stamp
As long its official - having bank logo, stamped and signed it should be okay.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:34 pm

RIYER wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:09 pm
Totally fine. When I had applied from India for Tier 4 a few years ago, I got a black and white letter from the bank's branch located in my village on a 70gsm recycled-grade wafer-thin paper with smeared printout. The stamp was a deep blue/navy blue and the manager's signature was also black ink! I had submitted it, and there were absolutely no problems whatsoever in getting the visa.

Just make sure it is an approved bank from the UKVI list for India. All nationalised banks and large private banks are on this list, but check the Tier 4 guidance just to double-check that your bank appears on the approved list.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:41 pm

Generally asking, if Signature on a Bank Statement printed in the Branch is an absolute necessity for any Visa category, because banks such as Halifax etc. do NOT Sign the Printed Statement, but only Stamp it.

Also, they provide a Black and White print out and their Stamp is in Black ink as well.

Is this an issue, because that's the Bank's policy?

Many Thanks.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:43 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:41 pm
Generally asking, if Signature on a Bank Statement printed in the Branch is an absolute necessity for any Visa category, because banks such as Halifax etc. do NOT Sign the Printed Statement, but only Stamp it.

Also, they provide a Black and White print out and their Stamp is in Black ink as well.

Is this an issue, because that's the Bank's policy?

Many Thanks.
No issues at all. As long as the bank statement and the shown transactions/balance is genuine and meets the financial requirements, anything issued by your bank is fine.