ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa application within UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CeNaNe
Newly Registered
Ghana

Tier 4 visa application within UK

Post by CeNaNe » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:39 pm

Hi everyone,
My current tier 4 visa expires in January, 2021 and I’ve gained a conditional offer for phd which is an academic progression. Unconditional offer will be after I submit my certificate after my graduation.
Can I apply for a tier 4 visa within the UK and when can I do that, supposing my current visa expires on 24th January and the rule says within 28 days. Can I apply in January or in December?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 visa application within UK

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:24 am

CeNaNe wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:39 pm
Can I apply for a tier 4 visa within the UK and when can I do that, supposing my current visa expires on 24th January and the rule says within 28 days. Can I apply in January or in December?
As you say, you can apply in the UK if your new course starts no more than 28 days after the end of your current visa. If the course starts later, you must apply in your home country.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.