ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nivesh11
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Tier 4 visa extension

Post by Nivesh11 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Hi,

I am currently on tier 4 visa expiring 10/2019. When I initially started my course in 2015 I was enrolled on an MEng programme which is 4 years. However, This year I transferred on The MEng course with industrial placement to include an extra year. My question is Can i still use the visa I have and make an extension or do I have to get a new visa? and do I have to go back to my home country to for any visa procedures? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 visa extension

Post by sah10406 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:18 pm

Nivesh11 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:38 pm
Can i still use the visa I have
According to the immigration rules, yes. See paragraph 5.104 of document 2 of the Tier 4 Sponsor Guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -educators

However some Tier 4 sponsors may treat all students as if they have the more strict study condition imposed on students who applied on or after 6 April 2016, in which case the answer is no. You need to check with your Tier 4 sponsor directly to ascertain what is their approach.
Nivesh11 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:38 pm
and make an extension or do I have to get a new visa? and do I have to go back to my home country to for any visa procedures? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Any application for further leave will need to be made in your home country, because it would not show the academic progression required for an application made in the UK, nor would you meet any of the exemptions from academic progression. See the information about Academic Progression in the Tier 4 policy guidance from paragraph 56, and in particular the requirement of paragraph 63(a):
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.