ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa extention

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mohidullah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 4 Visa extention

Post by Mohidullah » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:11 pm

Good day, everyone!
I am on a tier 4 visa that will expire on May 20th, 2022. Can I get a four-month visa extension till September since I want to enrol in the September intake? Please advise as I am extremely puzzled.
Regards,
Mirza

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Visa extention

Post by sah10406 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:50 pm

Mohidullah wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:11 pm
Can I get a four-month visa extension till September since I want to enrol in the September intake?
You can get a Student visa extension if you have not finished your course yet, but not just to wait for results or because you don't want to leave.

If you have completed a degree you can switch to the Graduate route, but that does not allow study so you would need to switch back again to Student visa in order to start the course in September.

If you have finished your course it would probably be cheaper and easier to go home, then apply for a new Student visa to return maximum one month before the start of the new course.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.