ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa with 2 kids - (without Partner who is studying in the US)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chy_chy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Tier 4 Visa with 2 kids - (without Partner who is studying in the US)

Post by Chy_chy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:48 pm

Hi,

I am about to apply for a UK study visa with my 2kids as my dependent.

However, my husband is studying in the US - We have been living apart for over 2years whilst he completes his studies.

UKVI clearly states they won't give visa to kids unless accompanied by both parents which is not possible for us as my husband is studying but in a different country.

How can I prove that my kids needs to come with me as my husband is somewhere else.
what do I need to include in our applications?

Thank You

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Visa with 2 kids - (without Partner who is studying in the US)

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:20 am

Chy_chy wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:48 pm
UKVI clearly states they won't give visa to kids unless accompanied by both parents which is not possible for us as my husband is studying but in a different country.
Not sure where you are reading that, but paragraph ST 34.2 in Appendix Student doesn't say it is not possible. It gives three exceptions to that basic rule:

(a) the [Student] is the sole surviving parent; or
(b) the [Student] has sole responsibility for the child’s upbringing; or
(c) the decision maker is satisfied that there are serious and compelling reasons to grant the child entry clearance or permission to stay with the [Student].

You would need to show that the children's applications meet part (c). They must also meet paragraph ST 35.1:

If the applicant is aged under 18 on the date of application there must be suitable arrangements for the child’s care and accommodation in the UK which must comply with relevant UK legislation and regulations.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-student
Chy_chy wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:48 pm
How can I prove that my kids needs to come with me as my husband is somewhere else. what do I need to include in our applications?
You would need to make a case (with evidence) that the children's applications meet both ST 34.2(c) and ST 35.1. The international student adviser at your university is best placed to advise on whether you have a case and, if so, what would be the best evidence of your specific situation.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Chy_chy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Tier 4 Visa with 2 kids - (without Partner who is studying in the US)

Post by Chy_chy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:56 pm

Thank u so much!