ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier4 visa refused after call interview due to doubts about my credibility please help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Noora
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

tier4 visa refused after call interview due to doubts about my credibility please help

Post by Noora » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:53 am

I applied to study master in cyber Security in Liverpool John Moores University
Got unconditional offer, paid the deposit. Met all the requirements of my visa
I applied for my husband and son too as dependents who will be traveling with during my studies
Provided maintenance for living costs and everything was ok
On 31 July I’ve conducted a call interview
Yesterday I got refusal letter with includes very nonsense reasons which really frustrated me

Even they mentioned that they are satisfied about all my documents but the officer has some doubts about me being a genuine student
The reasons include insufficient research about accommodation and living costs and not defining how this course is going to help me in career path
Although I answered all these questions and everything I said is mentioned in the letter but it seems that wasn’t convincing
I doubt that the real reason is that I’m a national of a high risk country.. actually very high “Afghanistan”
But I am living in Saudi Arabia since childhood . Studied and graduated here, I made my application and submitted biometrics here
I will be applying for admin review but I feel things getting complicated now
Even my university recommended me to seek for independent advisor , so I made some research and I just wanted to ask about xxxxxxx
are they reliable?
They have a package for advice costs 150£
Should I take it ?
I feel that even if I introduce more and more clarifications and justifications on what I said and what meant during the interview there might be a probability to get refused
Really tough situation
Please help me
Experts opinion will be very appreciated

Thank you in advance

Noora
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Re: tier4 visa refused after call interview due to doubts about my credibility please help

Post by Noora » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:02 am

Ok I think it is better to share the decision letter

The decision
I have refused your application for entry clearance under Tier 4 (General) of the Points-Based System for the following reasons:
You have applied for entry clearance to study for a Masters in Cyber Security at Liverpool John Moores University
You attended an interview on 30/07/2019 in connection with your application for entry clearance. You were asked a series of questions in connection with your plans to study in the UK to establish whether you are a genuine student as required by paragraph 245ZV(k).
I have considered your application and circumstances in the round, including the fact that you have been issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies, in accordance with published guidance. I am satisfied that you have scored the necessary points for your CAS and maintenance. However, I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are a genuine student.
In particular, regard has been given to:
When asked why you had chosen this particular course of study you stated, “Because this is the relevant to my course that I have had in bachelors degree. I study in Arab open university and the programme basically derived from the open university in the UK and was taught in English so the best choice was to complete my masters in the UK so I choose cyber security and I applied to 3 universities Liverpool John Moores, Robert Gordon University and .....Birmingham City University and Birmingham University.” You went on to state “All of them sent me offers but first of all John Moores sent me an unconditional offer and the fees are reasonable and the living cost is affordable and the staff were helpful and lovely and I joined a discussion group on their app and I loved this University and I paid the deposit and I chose to join them”.

The interviewing officer then asked you why you had selected your chosen institute and you stated “The fees and the living costs in Liverpool is very affordable compared to Birmingham and Robert Gordon and that’s why I chose this city and this university.” You were probed further and asked if there were any other reasons and you replied, “Hmm that’s it. The staff were helpful and lovely and they helped me with any question and everything that I need”. I do acknowledge that reasonable comparable fees and living costs can be an important factor for prospective students, and that helpful university staff may influence your final decision, however it is noted that the fees for the same course at both Robert Gordon University and Birmingham City University £13,200 and £12,300 respectively as compared to the £14450 you will be paying. I have taken into consideration that your Tier 4 sponsor will also be giving you a £2000 discount from this. However it is also noted that later on during your interview you were asked about your accommodation. Whilst you have stated that you have not booked anywhere yet, you were asked how much it would cost and you replied “ I am not sure yet because I didn’t look yet”. The interviewer asked if you had checked any prices nonetheless and you replied “They vary from 100 pounds a week to 150 pounds maybe”. Given that you have cited cheaper living costs as one of the reasons for choosing your institution, the fact that you have not even started looking at the cost of prospective accommodation, even if just to compare with other cities you had applied to, leads me to doubt the research you indicate you may have done about coming to study in the UK. Accommodation is considered to be a substantial cost connected to the cost of studies and as such, it is reasonable to have conducted research in advance, particularly given that you are self-funding and will be travelling with your husband and child. This lack of preparation is not reflective of a genuine student. Information such as the cost of accommodation can be readily found on the internet indicates that you have not researched fully your expected costs of accommodation in the UK. Given the expected financial outlay and commitment in studying in the UK for an extended period of time, I would expect a genuine student to have ascertained the potential accommodation costs before embarking on a course of study overseas. This casts doubts on the credibility of your application as a whole
When asked about your future plans after completing your studies in the UK you answered, “Ok I have two ideas. First completing higher studies the PHD in case I find a PHD scholarship. If I didn’t find a scholarship I am going to start looking for a job in IT or computer science job in the relevant field. Most probably in Turkey I will look for a job in turkey as my uncles and aunts live in turkey and they are turkey nationals so most probably I will look for a job there” You confirmed you had a current tourism permit to enter Turkey and had lived in Saudi Arabia since you were aged 4 after your family had left Afghanistan as “there was a war in Afghanistan and the came to live here”. You were asked how your course would help you to achieve your future plans and you replied “I have studied IT and computing so I always had a passion and dream to complete in this sector and here in Saudi I did not find I did some freelance but they were not relevant and so here where I am living I didn’t find something relevant so I had to complete higher studies in the same path because I wanted a job in this sector so this is how completion higher studies might help”. You confirmed that you had last studied a computer related course in telematics in 2015 and when asked what you had been doing since then you stated “First I tried to take some online courses UDEMY and UDACITY after that I tried to find a job in the sector IT Or programming, I didn’t find. Then I did some freelance jobs like online marketing for 1 year and then content writing for almost 1 year also. Then I thought about completing higher studies so I started to look for universities and that’s why I decided to studying in the UK and I started in 2018 and in October I got an offer and then I started to arrange this trip.” You completed your Bachelors in Computer Science in 2015 when asked why you have decided to resume your studies after this gap, you stated “As I said this will be, that is why I can find a job easily in this sector, it will, I mean the opportunities, it will large the opportunities to find a job in this sector. And that’s it.” The interviewer then went on to ask you if you needed this masters course for your future career path and you stated “This will increase my opportunity to get this job”. You were then asked if when you looked at jobs was a masters degree required, and you responded “Not necessarily”. It is not accepted that you have clear or credible post study plans. You have not stated how for instance your course will equip you with needed skills to help you find employment you have been unable to secure to date. You failed to provide any details of how your study make you more employable that your competition, especially given that you have stated that a masters degree might not necessarily be required, what particular traits are sought by an employer and how the studies in this particular area will help you develop those traits.. A genuine student would be expected to have an awareness of the applications of their proposed course of studies and have detailed knowledge of the applicable skill set the course will provide them to achieve their future goal. This casts doubts as to the credibility of your application as a whole and leads me to doubt your intentions and motivations for seeking to travel to the UK and casts credibility on your application as a whole.
I am therefore not satisfied you are a genuine student and I refuse your application under paragraph 245ZV(k) of the Immigration Rules.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: tier4 visa refused after call interview due to doubts about my credibility please help

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:22 pm

Hello

I am sorry that your student visa has been refused.

Evaluation of these applications is not an exact science and sometimes a good amount of subjectivity is involved.

There are few things that might have played against you:

- Most students come alone in the UK. The T4 visa is already difficult and can be refused when you are alone. If you are coming with 2 dependents, it will automatically trigger more questions. Because they are asked to issue 3 visas not 1.

- You would have no solid attachments outside the UK. Your husband and child are with you. So they think that you don't have strong reason to leave the UK when your studies are done

- You live now in Saudi Arabia, but with Afghan passport. The question for them, after your studies, would you go back to Afghanistan? You answered NO (war + going to Turkey)

The Tier 4 visa is not an immigration visa. It's really temporary admission for study. So they need to feel strongly that the applicant wants to be temporarily in the UK and has more reasons to leave than to stay when his course is done.

If you ask for a Tier 4 to go to the UK with your family, they are always going to be very very picky.

You have the right to administrative review. You can't add anything to the application you just submit the request for review and you tell them why you feel their arguments are not valid.

The review will be dealt with by a different case worker but unless blatant mistake from them or disregard for the law, they usually come to similar conclusions after the review. Still, you can try it.

As for £150 advisers, there are plenty of them and most of them would just listen to you, give you some generalities you can find yourself and that's it. They can't impress the Home Office or force the case workers to change their decision.

Noora
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by Noora » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:31 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:22 pm
Hello

I am sorry that your student visa has been refused.

Evaluation of these applications is not an exact science and sometimes a good amount of subjectivity is involved.

There are few things that might have played against you:

- Most students come alone in the UK. The T4 visa is already difficult and can be refused when you are alone. If you are coming with 2 dependents, it will automatically trigger more questions. Because they are asked to issue 3 visas not 1.

- You would have no solid attachments outside the UK. Your husband and child are with you. So they think that you don't have strong reason to leave the UK when your studies are done

- You live now in Saudi Arabia, but with Afghan passport. The question for them, after your studies, would you go back to Afghanistan? You answered NO (war + going to Turkey)

The Tier 4 visa is not an immigration visa. It's really temporary admission for study. So they need to feel strongly that the applicant wants to be temporarily in the UK and has more reasons to leave than to stay when his course is done.

If you ask for a Tier 4 to go to the UK with your family, they are always going to be very very picky.

You have the right to administrative review. You can't add anything to the application you just submit the request for review and you tell them why you feel their arguments are not valid.

The review will be dealt with by a different case worker but unless blatant mistake from them or disregard for the law, they usually come to similar conclusions after the review. Still, you can try it.

As for £150 advisers, there are plenty of them and most of them would just listen to you, give you some generalities you can find yourself and that's it. They can't impress the Home Office or force the case workers to change their decision.
Thank you for your response anyway
I will try my best :cry:

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:16 pm

Yes, do that by all means.

Read again why they refused and write a rebuttal of each of the points. It has to be demonstrated too. The burden of proof is on you. So anything you say, you have to demonstrate.

Also, try to prepare alternative plans to study in a different country so you don't miss this year. The review can take weeks and the answer can come too late. So it's good in those situations to have a plan B.

All the best!